Removing Windows

Rakk

The Awesome
Windows is always installed on the PCs so that PCS can test the machine, there should be instructions on how to do a clean install of an OS in the booklet in your welcome pack.

---x---

Seems a bit lazy, but..
Thanks.
Could you point me to a specific page? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

izzyy

Seems a bit lazy, but..
Thanks.
Could you point me to a specific page? I can't seem to find it.

I think if you ordered the laptop without an OS, You should know how to install one and wipe the previous one at this rate you're the one sounding lazy.

---x---

I think if you ordered the laptop without an OS, You should know how to install one and wipe the previous one at this rate you're the one sounding lazy.
Yes, I have an idea. But I am not entirely sure it wouldn't cause errors.
I am not being paid £500 pounds to be lazy though. They should do their job, to save me this 4 day Q&A process.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yes, I have an idea. But I am not entirely sure it wouldn't cause errors.
I am not being paid £500 pounds to be lazy though. They should do their job, to save me this 4 day Q&A process.

Absolute nonsense. You might as well complain that when you bought a new car they left a different brand of petrol in the tank from the one you planned to use!

Izzy is quite right, if you are competent enough to install your own OS the fact that PCS installed a different OS for testing purposes is of no consequence whatsoever. The clean installation of any new OS will format the disk and erase all traces of anything that was there before. I'm surprised you even needed to ask the original question.