Replaced display - brightness Fn key/slider no longer works

KevetS

Hi all,

I have recently had the 4K display on my 5 1/2 year old Optimus 17.3" laptop replaced by PCS.

Unfortunately, the brightness function key and Brightness and Colour slider in settings now no longer works properly, I'm unable to reduce from maximum.
When the laptop is newly booted the Fn brightness key works fine. However, when the laptop lid is closed (set to hibernate) and then reopened the brightness key no longer works, nor the settings brightness slider.
I've checked for Windows 10 and display driver updates. They appear to be up to date.
The same problem occurs when lid closing is set to "Sleep"
I've tried "Disable/enable device" in display adapters.

Any help appreciated

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I have recently had the 4K display on my 5 1/2 year old Optimus 17.3" laptop replaced by PCS.

Unfortunately, the brightness function key and Brightness and Colour slider in settings now no longer works properly, I'm unable to reduce from maximum.
When the laptop is newly booted the Fn brightness key works fine. However, when the laptop lid is closed (set to hibernate) and then reopened the brightness key no longer works, nor the settings brightness slider.
I've checked for Windows 10 and display driver updates. They appear to be up to date.
The same problem occurs when lid closing is set to "Sleep"
I've tried "Disable/enable device" in display adapters.

Any help appreciated
I think the brightness settings will be governed by control center. Have you had to reinstall windows at all?

KevetS

Yesa, Control Center is installed. I can honestly say that I've never opened it before.
I've taken a look and can't see anything that might resolve the brightness slider issue.