Replaced faulty hard drive.... it WORKS! Still need little help please!

soapstar

Hey guys,

Ive finally been able to get my computer back up and running today since christmas!:rolleyes: PCS issued me with a replacement hard drive which seems to have sorted my PC from freaking out! :D

However i assume i need to re-install drivers for graphics card and other things? As i cant seem to get a screen resolution to fit my monitor. My PC came with software (drivers) for my motherboard (P6X58D-E), wireless adapter and of course my graphics card (GTX580!). I assume i dont need to touch anything on the motherboard side of things am i correct? Just the graphics card and wireless?

Thanks for any help!

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I would install the wireless driver first, then download the latest graphics card driver from the nVidia website and install it (don't bother with the nVidia driver CD). After that go to device manager and see if anything else needs installing.

soapstar

Thanks for the help, i have installed all relevant drivers and everything works great. PC runs amazing! And for the GTX 580 well its a beast! Thanks PCS :)

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Thanks for the help, i have installed all relevant drivers and everything works great. PC runs amazing! And for the GTX 580 well its a beast!:)

If this is aimed at me, then you are welcome. I have received quite a bit of help from other members who are AWESOME people (in cyberworld, not sure about real life though:p). The GTX 580 is a brilliant little card, what the GTX 480 should have been in the first place.