Replacement Laptop Battery

RobMeade

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

I'm seeking a little advice.

The battery on my Octane VI PCS laptop (Cleveo P775TM1) has been playing up for quite some time, but it now seems to have taken a turn for the worse and is not charging at all/completely flat.

A replacement battery is available via PCS for my model still, but, with the shipping, it's £85. :(
My laptop is outside of the warranty period now. I always use the laptop plugged in but on occasion need to move it from one room to another before plugging it back in again. So whilst the battery isn't "critical", it would be a convenience.

I've looked online and found a few alternative suppliers, one as low as £40 with £2.98 for shipping, but I have no experience with these companies, and a couple of their websites don't really reassure me. It could just be typos and nothing sinister. But I don't want to save £45 and then never receive the battery obviously, or, receive a dud. Amazon had a seller offering one with a lower Wh rating, but the "few" reviews that it had were not that great. I also don't really want anything shipping from the other side of the world (I'm in the UK), and/or getting caught up at customs with additional charges.

So, can anyone recommend an alternative supplier for the Clevel laptop batteries (in this specific case the P750BAT-8, 14.8V, 82Wh, 5400mAh)?

I did approach PCS to see if there was any wriggle room on the price, as I'd rather just order from them, but sadly there wasn't, which leaves their offering being a very expensive option for me when I could just shut the laptop down, and restart it up again after moving it (but who wants to do that!)

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I'm seeking a little advice.

The battery on my Octane VI PCS laptop (Cleveo P775TM1) has been playing up for quite some time, but it now seems to have taken a turn for the worse and is not charging at all/completely flat.

A replacement battery is available via PCS for my model still, but, with the shipping, it's £85. :(
My laptop is outside of the warranty period now. I always use the laptop plugged in but on occasion need to move it from one room to another before plugging it back in again. So whilst the battery isn't "critical", it would be a convenience.

I've looked online and found a few alternative suppliers, one as low as £40 with £2.98 for shipping, but I have no experience with these companies, and a couple of their websites don't really reassure me. It could just be typos and nothing sinister. But I don't want to save £45 and then never receive the battery obviously, or, receive a dud. Amazon had a seller offering one with a lower Wh rating, but the "few" reviews that it had were not that great. I also don't really want anything shipping from the other side of the world (I'm in the UK), and/or getting caught up at customs with additional charges.

So, can anyone recommend an alternative supplier for the Clevel laptop batteries (in this specific case the P750BAT-8, 14.8V, 82Wh, 5400mAh)?

I did approach PCS to see if there was any wriggle room on the price, as I'd rather just order from them, but sadly there wasn't, which leaves their offering being a very expensive option for me when I could just shut the laptop down, and restart it up again after moving it (but who wants to do that!)

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance :)
Batteries are expensive unfortunately, an iPad battery is around £120 for instance and that's far smaller than an Octane one. Dell standard 3 cell batteries are around the price you've been quoted for this.

I would never recommend any fake products, they tend to actually physically damage the device as well as not performing well, they may cost less but there's a reason for that.

As such I can't give any recommendation for a 3rd party source. It's never worth it, you just have to understand that's just how much they cost.

RobMeade

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Thanks for such a prompt response, and yeah, I am quite concerned about putting something that feels less trustworthy inside my laptop, as I can't afford to replace this if it went boom for example!

I guess I'll have to give it some more thought and see if its something I can live without, or whether its really worth the investment.

Thanks again for the reply :)