Replacement Parts from RMA and repeated failures

bandypams

Hi all,
Am writing to ask if anyone knows about replacement parts that are fitted during RMA and whether they're brand new or refurbed/used?

I'm asking as my PC is now 1 year old, in for another RMA and I'm trying to figure out if I'm just really unlucky or if there's something else going on; since purchase, I've had 4 confirmed RAM failures, 1 confirmed 980 Pro M2 SSD failure and possibly another 980 Pro failure which was just replaced at the beginning of June but it's back with PCS again as on 6th July it just quit booting again out of nowhere and showed no boot devices, same as what happened at the end of May.

Am also thinking, could it be Mobo/PSU causing issues with power delivery etc.? Am not so great with endpoint hardware these days so just looking for some advice really if anyone has any please as am at my wit's end here as it's costing me income every time this thing fails, thankfully I'm on the 3 year platinum warranty!

It just seems really weird to me that this many parts would fail in a year and to be honest for me it's souring what up until recently had been a great opinion of PCS.

PC:
Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
8TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans
3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 7 working day

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,
Am writing to ask if anyone knows about replacement parts that are fitted during RMA and whether they're brand new or refurbed/used?

I'm asking as my PC is now 1 year old, in for another RMA and I'm trying to figure out if I'm just really unlucky or if there's something else going on; since purchase, I've had 4 confirmed RAM failures, 1 confirmed 980 Pro M2 SSD failure and possibly another 980 Pro failure which was just replaced at the beginning of June but it's back with PCS again as on 6th July it just quit booting again out of nowhere and showed no boot devices, same as what happened at the end of May.

Am also thinking, could it be Mobo/PSU causing issues with power delivery etc.? Am not so great with endpoint hardware these days so just looking for some advice really if anyone has any please as am at my wit's end here as it's costing me income every time this thing fails, thankfully I'm on the 3 year platinum warranty!

It just seems really weird to me that this many parts would fail in a year and to be honest for me it's souring what up until recently had been a great opinion of PCS.

PC:
Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2nd Storage Drive
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Extra Case Fans
3x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 7 working day
PCS only use new parts.

What's the PC connected to? Are you using a surge protector?

bandypams

That's good news, thank you. Power is fed via a 2200VA/1200W APC UPS (BX2200MI) and has been since I bought the PC (bought it specifically to help protect the PC).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's good news, thank you. Power is fed via a 2200VA/1200W APC UPS (BX2200MI) and has been since I bought the PC (bought it specifically to help protect the PC).
That's so strange.

That's certainly a lot of component failures in a fairly short space of time, and they're premium components as well on top of it all.

My areas of concern would be the APC, the PSU or the motherboard, certainly something to do with power regulation, and possible surges on the system. But I'm not certain how you would particularly test for this outside of motherboard and PSU replacement

That's certainly unusual.

But yes, they only use new parts, not refurbished in any way.