Replacing Keyboard

Hi!

At some point in the dim and distant past I purchased an Enigma II chassis laptop from here. It has been a great piece of kit and never gave me any problems. However, I have now repayed that kindness by damaging the keyboard accidently. Thus it needs replaced. I have already aquired a new keyboard, which is sitting behind me ready to go.

The problem is that I am finding it impossible to remove the bezel from the laptop, which would facilitate the removal of the damaged keyboard. I have even gone so far as to remove every screw on the underside of the laptop that is not attached to the motherboard. (That includes the 3 little silver screws underneath the battery) It is to no avail and the bezel is although a bit looser, still feeling as though it is anchored to something else on the laptop when I try to pull it up.

This is my first laptop, so I am not familiar enough with the workings of it to risk giving it a harder tug than I already am in case I damage something. (Prior to this all my maintenence experience is from desktop PCs) So is there another screw on the laptop, on or under the motherboard perhaps, or hidden somewhere in a secret panel, that I need to defeat a giant in single combat to get the key/password? Or is it just the case that I just need to employ a bit of embow grease and pull harder?

jao144

try this - im not responsible tho :)

When ive taken apart laptops, ive had to pry the top off - . Unscrew every screw visible, take the rubber feet off and serial number stickers, make sure EVERY screw is out - iven under the ram, hdd and motherboard cover. - then get a case opener tool - or a credit card and try and force the card between the case lines - hopefully it will click out (it might sound like a snap but it sould be ok) - DONT FORCE IT. - on one ocasion, i wasnt putting that much pressure on a case and it snapped :/

just be carefull..

Possibly worth a try. It's just that all the instructional videos I've seen on the matter have seemed to pop the bezel off with relative ease, certainly far easier than I'm finding. Of course it could be that true masters make these things look easy. :p

Also those were different models, which could be a factor. Is the Enigma series known for being a bit tenacious in the bezel department?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
personal experince says ring pcs but u may want to try sliding the bezel off as the are sometimes slotted into place.