*RESOLVED* Problem with monitor display

Nugster91

*EDIT - Problem resolved*

Apologies if I have posted this to the wrong area, however I did not see any technical support threads for monitors.

I have currently purchased a PCS GD27 27" GAMING MONITOR - 1440p, IPS, 165Hz along with a new gaming pc.

I have connected this monitor to the graphics card on the new pc and this works fine. (DP?)

However, after connecting other devices such as PS4 and laptop via HDMI, i cannot change between displays.

If I try change back to DP to get back to my PC, it automatically switches back to HDMI1.

If I unplug the latop/PS4 but leave the lead still plugged into the monitor i get "No Display" then blank screen.

If I unplug the HDMI cable all together i can then use again use the DP display (my new pc)

Please can anyone advise if i'm doing anything wrong and how I can have multiple devices connected and switch between without having to unplug cables?

Last edited:

rouchie

Rising Star
On my completely different monitor I need to enter the monitor menu and select what I am connecting with when I change, is that something on your (apologies if you have already done all that!)

Nugster91

The Menu settings are

Brightness

Contrast

Eco

DCR

HDR MODE

LED EFFECT

Honestly other than the 1st two I couldn't tell you what they do. Also the instructions manual that came with it a very short. I'm starting to regret buying a PCS brand and not a name brand one. Never had any issues with my Samsung and very straight forward.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There's usually a button on a monitor that says something like "Auto" if you press that it should change between the different display options where you can select your preferred channel by repeatedly pressing

I'm not sure on that particular monitor though

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Menu settings are

Brightness

Contrast

Eco

DCR

HDR MODE

LED EFFECT

Honestly other than the 1st two I couldn't tell you what they do. Also the instructions manual that came with it a very short. I'm starting to regret buying a PCS brand and not a name brand one. Never had any issues with my Samsung and very straight forward.
That’s the picture menu, you need to be in the input channel menu

Nugster91

There's usually a button on a monitor that says something like "Auto" if you press that it should change between the different display options where you can select your preferred channel by repeatedly pressing

I'm not sure on that particular monitor though
Yes my Samsung monitor had this.

However this one has M Arrowdown Arrowup E Power

arrows up / down are volume although no built in sound?

M is the menu i posted above.

E is change display with options DP HDMI1 HDMI2

And the power button

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes my Samsung monitor had this.

However this one has M Arrowdown Arrowup E Power

arrows up / down are volume although no built in sound?

M is the menu i posted above.

E is change display with options DP HDMI1 HDMI2

And the power button
So e is the channel selection

The volume is likely for audio pass through.

Nugster91

If I try change back to DP to get back to my PC, it automatically switches back to HDMI1.

If I unplug the latop/PS4 but leave the lead still plugged into the monitor i get "No Display" then blank screen.

If I unplug the HDMI cable all together i can then use again use the DP display (my new pc)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's right, but as per OP, when I have a HDMI cable plugged in, i cannot change the channel to DP (new pc)
It’s obviously not designed for multiple inputs. It is a very budget monitor, it’s not going to be as capable as a branded one. You get what you pay for.

Nugster91

Sorry if i'm not explaining myself properly.

If I have both the PC connected by DP and the laptop connected by HDMI

the laptop shows on my screen and i cannot change to DP through the channel select.

It just goes straight back to HDMI1

Nugster91

This appears to be the case, this is very frustrating as i contacted PCS to put together a great gaming setup and while the PC so far seems to be great, the monitor has been nothing but issues

Rakk

The Awesome
As Spyder says its possible that it is just that the monitor cannot use the DP port if anything is plugged into the HDMI ports, it does kinda look like that from your posts showing that its works fine with that when your HDMI's are disconnected - possibly even the monitor has a fault.

Nugster91

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their support in this matter

Secondly, I would like to apologize for discrediting the PCS brand monitor which is now working as inteded.

It would appear the problem existed between the chair and keyboard.

This is now working.