Restarting PC

Afish00

Hi Everybody - Hope someone can help!!

When I boot up my PC it appears to start ok with the appropriate noises but then constantly restarts, maybe upto 15 times and then usually goes into the bios and tells me overclocking failed! even though it isn't now overclocked.

Any ideas please!!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just checked your account - is this your order from October 2007?

Sounds like your OS may be corrupt here, have you tried inserting the disc and attempting a repair?

Afish00

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.
Yes, it is that order but changed a little. I now have an SSD for my boot drive, a GTX460 1MB Graphics card and Windows 7 64 bit plus upgraded memory.
I will try a repair.

Thanks.

DSN

Enthusiast
Just checked your account - is this your order from October 2007?

Sounds like your OS may be corrupt here, have you tried inserting the disc and attempting a repair?

Just so were all on the same page hear.

Does it restart with the over clock error before it finishes posting the Bios.

Or do you see any signs of the OS loading.

A video of the machine booting would be great to help us debug this :D

Additionally, what motherboard and CPU are you using ?

Afish00

Hi, thanks for reply. Mobo is P5K Asus, CPU Q6600. Was overclocked stably at 3014mhz for several months but when this restarting happened I went back to defaults but no difference. The restarting happens at first start of the day - later restarts are OK. PC will switch off and back on again after few secs continually. If it reaches the 'overclock failed' part of the boot it will usually go all the way into windows after I press F1 and then F10 but it might restart 15 times before that. Could my new SSD (CrucialC300 128mb) have anything to do with it. My other additions (couldn't afford new computer spec. I wanted) of memory, GTX460 and Windows 7 64bit all were OK before this started.
Hope you can help - thanks

DSN

Enthusiast
To be honest, this is going to be a hard one to debug remotly, due to the bois level failings.

I hate to say it, but get in the BOIS and reset all to default, then see where were at.

if this works. we can look at rebuilding your OC from there.

Afish00

Already is at default settings apart from boot order. If I leave it at default for that it tells me boot mgr is missing.