Return to Monkey Island

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This was originally announced on April 1st, but nobody realised it was a genuine announcement, so they had to re-announce it. The other Monkey Island games are among the best point & click games ever, so more Monkey Island can only be a good thing in my book!

Oh my good god holy hell wackadoo wackaday! This is incredible news!

You’ve managed to make my day twice in the last ten hours. Thanks for bringing this to my attention… and for gifting me the magic word 🤫

By the way, Denz… you fight like a dairy farmer.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Oh my good god holy hell wackadoo wackaday! This is incredible news!

You’ve managed to make my day twice in the last ten hours. Thanks for bringing this to my attention… and for gifting me the magic word 🤫

By the way, Denz… you fight like a dairy farmer.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow!

Les Whyte

And just to confirm..This is a Ron Gilbert game. It follows on from MI2 Le Chucks Revenge.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
And just to confirm..This is a Ron Gilbert game. It follows on from MI2 Le Chucks Revenge.
Also exactly what I wanted to hear! The whole Big Whoop treasure from the second instalment left us on a cliffhanger as to what it all meant and the third game seemed to just shoehorn in a fairly obvious and ubiquitous ‘gates of hell’ explanation. Having played and thoroughly enjoyed Gilbert’s recent Thimbleweed Park, there’s no way his vision of the series would’ve matched up with where they went with our old mate Guybrush.

Not to take anything away from the later games, I’ve enjoyed them all repeatedly. But this is an exciting time to be a mighty pirate.

P.S. Ask me about Loom.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Dominic Armato will be returning as the voice of Guybrush Threepwood 👍

But sadly, Earl Boen (who most of us know best as Dr Silberman from the first three Terminator movies) retired from acting in 2017 so there’ll be someone else voicing the ghost pirate LeChuck* ☹️

*Adam Harrington did the voice for Tales of Monkey Island but he’s been more closely affiliated with Telltale Games so he’s not a shoe in for the role.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’m mega excited for this game, so much so that I’m compelled to do a little nostalgia playthrough this weekend:

67CED32D-D825-47CD-95E4-6B95F063018D.jpeg

I can surely manage these with the baby boy on my lap…

Aza

Rising Star
So this would be the 5th title in the series?
Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Curse of monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island are the ones ive played (even got the free Curse from MKIsland from amazon thanks to another thread on here and replayed it earlier this week).

Cant remember if I ever finished escape from MKIsland... was that the one on playstation?

Les Whyte

So this would be the 5th title in the series?
Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Curse of monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island are the ones ive played (even got the free Curse from MKIsland from amazon thanks to another thread on here and replayed it earlier this week).

Cant remember if I ever finished escape from MKIsland... was that the one on playstation?
It's the 6th. Tales of Monkey Island was released by Telltale Games about 10 years ago. Escape was on PC as well. It was not as well received because of the horrible controls.

Aza

Rising Star
Anymore news on the new game release?

I downloaded Escape FMI again, but the controls on PC are horrific! I mustve had it on the PS as I remembered it quite fondly...

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I’ve also got a reeeeeaalll big hankering to play Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis now that I’m in point and click heaven. Another one of Lucasarts’ finest.

But having just completed LeChucks Revenge today, I’ve still got Curse, Escape, and Tales to finish before I’ve thoroughly blatted the Monkey Island games.

I also want to play through Day of the Tentacle again! Good job I’ve already done Full Throttle, The Dig and Grim Fandango within the last year, my infant son wouldn’t be seeing a lot of me if I’d not put a dent in the collection…