Reverse fn keys on Recoil

KatBar

Hi, I just got a 17" Recoil, which I'm really pleased with. Looikng for a way to reverse the function keys, so I don't have to press FN every time I want to change the volume or brightness. Tried a few things, but no luck, so far. Any ideas, please? Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I just got a 17" Recoil, which I'm really pleased with. Looikng for a way to reverse the function keys, so I don't have to press FN every time I want to change the volume or brightness. Tried a few things, but no luck, so far. Any ideas, please? Thanks.
There are software hacks that you can do to set custom keys, do so at your own risk though, be aware it can cause issues

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Does it not have a Fn-lock key to choose between the normal function and the alternate function?

One HP machine I have to click the FN and FN-lock key (which is the shift key) at the same time to trigger it...and on another the manual says to press the FN and CAPS-lock key at the same time.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah it sounds like the FN lock to me. It's typically Esc.

If pressing the FN key activates the Fn functions, hold in FN and press Esc to reverse. If it's the opposite, where the Fn function is the default, simply press the Esc key and this will reverse.

It may not be Esc though, it looks like a little padlock often with Fn in it somewhere.

KatBar

As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be an FN lock key anywhere. I've tried the various options suggested. At the moment I have to press the FN key at the same time as the appropriate key to change the volume, or the brightness. I'm looking to reverse this, so that I only have to press an F key on its own to change these things. Hope that makes sense! Thank you for all your suggestions!