Review of my new machine

Sgninnej

Had the computer for about a week now, was hoping to post pictures when I had a new front delivered, but dont know how long that will be, so here it is!

Case
InWIN WHITE DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-3930K (3.2GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79: SOCKET 2011, R.O.G
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX GENESIS QUAD-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P(4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SPIRE GEMINI REV.3-THERMAX HDT TWIN FAN CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio (£28) *SPECIAL*
Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

Build Time

The PC was built and dispatched within 12 days, a very reasonable time. During this PCS was in contact with me in regards to my case of choice not being available (I originally wanted the black version of mine). They informed me the white version was in stock, and I got it changed to this with no fuss atall.

Delivery

This is the only part where I will complain. DPD ruined an exciting unboxing for me. When I opened the case, I saw the front wasn't attached, which I wasn't worried about, but when I pulled the PC from the plastic packaging it became clear that all the studs that hold the front on were damaged, the front of the case was bent inwards at certain points (This stopped the front fan spinning when I first set it up, have bent it back out with some pliers to give the fan room), and the side panel didn't seat correctly due to the front being warped. After immediately contacting PCS, they appologised, and are currently waiting for a new front which can be sent to me. I'm not too worried about the side panel seating, as it makes no difference to the performance. So a big thumbs down for DPD, but a big thumbs up for PCS customer service!

Performance

The computer has so far performed perfectly to my expectations. Every game I've thrown its way it has effortlessly managed (Borderlands 2, WoW, GW2, Dark souls). I'm not sure what FPS I average in these games, except WoW, which sits on ~100 fps in non instanced areas (On ultra settings). I ran 3DMark11 tests, and it scored just short of 8900 overall. Very happy with how the computer runs.

The case is brilliant, great cooling all round, with more than enough fans! Also plenty of room for upgrades at a later date.

Internally the cable routing is good, very well put together machine.

Verdict

Very happy with my machine overall, as soon as I get a front for it, I will even happier! Big thanks to the PCS team, great job, and at an excellent price!

Pics!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sbreame

Bronze Level Poster
I originally opted for that case, but the black version since I somewhat find white cases... a bit "meh" personally, but by the time I got round to ordering, they had replaced it on the configure window to the white version haha.

Nice pics too! Hope you enjoy your new rig for many years to come.