Review of my PCS Experience!

adahil

Gold Level Poster
My new PC arrived today, and surprise, surprise.......I love it!

The Spec:

Processor (CPU) AMD BULLDOZER QUAD CORE FX-4100 (3.60GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard ASUS® M5A99X EVO:USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, Quad CrossFireX™/SLI™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 512MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 - DVI,HDMI,VGA
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
RAID NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE AMD CPU COOLER (£19)
Fan Controller NONE
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive NONE
Firewire & Video Editing NONE
TV Card NONE
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

PCS:

Communication - a bit slow to respond to emails, although this is understandable at the time of year. The automated emails all came through fine throughout the production stages, and received a helpful text with tracking numbers and delivery times etc. All phone calls were dealt with quickly, and politely.

DPD - very quick delivery and right on time with the 1 hour delivery slot.

Wesbite/Forums - a joy to use. No more need be said.

Packaging - first rate. The delivery man could have thrown my pc around and it would have been fine.

Build Quality - again looks top notch. Everything seems securely fastened in inside. The triple copper heatpipe cooler fan was loose on arrival, but took no effort to clip back in. Just a bit of a flimsy connection on the part of the manufacturer, no fault of PCS.

Booting Up - turned it on, installed updates and drivers, good to go! Not a single issue here, was a seamless transition from my old laptop to the new desktop.

Overall - 11 out of 10. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience, I am delighted thus far!

I hope this review helps sway people towards buying a pc from PCS, you will NOT regret it!!

I have created a photoalbum for anyone who wants to see pics :)

http://s1165.photobucket.com/albums/q594/adahil/

Thanks again PCS!

Adam

Corfate

Author Level
Good review, love the pictures :) +rep

The CPU cooler looks abit wonky, or is that what you meant by abit loose? :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Nice review and rep for some good pics! Hope you enjoy it for a good few years :)

(and always nice to see some different cases that people have sent in...unless it's Wozza's monstrosity ofc... :D )

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Yeah for the price, I thought the case was excellent! The fan at the front looks great with the red LED's and it runs almost totally silent too :)

I have to say......after having opened up the case again today, I really am impressed with the build. The cable management is brilliant. I can't wait until I have enough cash for a decent GPU to stick in it! BUT WHAT TO BUY?!? :S

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Nice review and rep for some good pics! Hope you enjoy it for a good few years :)

(and always nice to see some different cases that people have sent in...unless it's Wozza's monstrosity ofc... :D )

poor guy jealousy is strong in this one

great review +rep

adahil

Gold Level Poster
Thought I would add the Windows Experience scores I have got from my PCS Computer. Sorry its typed, I can't get the pic uploader to work!!

Processor - 7.2
Memory (RAM) - 7.6
Graphics - 4.3
Gaming Graphics - 5.4
Primary Hard Disk - 5.9

I am not worried about the graphics scores as I have a rubbish card that I am looking at replacing......but I expected to get a better score for the HDD considering it is a 2TB WD Caviar Black? Is this about right?

Would the fact that I have partioned it (roughly in half) make a difference?

adahil

Gold Level Poster
DSCF1204.jpg

peekaboo!!