RGB lights have turned off on CPU Cooler

jrigz94

Hi,

I've had this computer just over 6 months, and I've just noticed that the RGB lights for the PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD) CPU cooler are not on, I've recently cleaned the computer, but all the wires seem to be in place. I'm more concerned with ensuring that the cooler is operating correctly than the lights.

I've tried looking for any documentation online regarding this cooler, but can't seem to find any regarding the RGB lights.

If anyone has any suggestions or can point me in the right direction, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks,
James

steaky360

You will be able to confirm the cooler is working correctly by simply using your system, if you're not seeing massive temperature issues with your CPU then its likely that the fan itself is still operating fine.

As for the LEDs, I'd consider unplugging it from your motherboard (just the wires, no need to take it off the CPU in my opinion) and then plug it back into the same ports see if it lights back up.

Failing that (assuming no one else here has other suggestions to try), contact PCS to see if they have further fault finding considerations or they may simply offer a RMA.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah definitely unplug and plug back onto the motherboard, you might just have knocked it when cleaning, to check the pump is running just install HWmonitor and check temps, and also the should show the pump speed in there

jrigz94

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll try to re-plug the wires and see if that resolves it. The temperatures are okay, I was just thinking the lights turning off might be an underlying issue for the cooler as a whole.

Thanks,
James