Rift Characters

JSG10

Expert
I'm aware there is already a RIFT thread but I didn't really want to hijack it. :)

I've just had my copy of RIFT through the door :) Thank you Mr Postman! Am installing it before I head off to work :( Boo.

Who else plays RIFT, what servers/shards/whatever they're called are people on and which factions? Would be good to have a few PCS people to play with! :)

I'm pleased I waited for it as I got it for only £20 from Amazon and I'm glad I got retail as you get a pretty cool doublesided poster with it lol yes I'm sad :D

Last edited by a moderator:

LFFPicard

Godlike
AND! If you see on the launcher the upgrade to collectors edition offer take it! £5 and you get a mount, pet and a bigger bag :)

Myself, Evil Tactician and one of our other friends Marc are all on Icewatch server and we play Guardians.

I just respecced my Mage last night with help from Marc so I am no a Pyro Mage :D
For those WoW players.. Fire spec.

Come join us!

Rakk

The Awesome
Dammit, I'm wondering whether to get it to try it out now ....... (SOE still down, wot no EQ2 for me yet)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I (think) I am on Refuge - Defiant.

@Rakk - I got it on Steam (no discount for me) a couple of weeks ago and intend to play it like a single player game for my 30 days (I dont mean just on my own, but more not thinking about paying for a sub). At this point, hopefully be lvl 50 and can decide whether its worth carrying on.

Its fun, bit different than others, just wish these damn things would go f2p already! (I mean all of them, not just the ones trying to save a dwindling playerbase!)

DED

JSG10

Expert
AND! If you see on the launcher the upgrade to collectors edition offer take it! £5 and you get a mount, pet and a bigger bag :)

Myself, Evil Tactician and one of our other friends Marc are all on Icewatch server and we play Guardians.

I just respecced my Mage last night with help from Marc so I am no a Pyro Mage :D
For those WoW players.. Fire spec.

Come join us!

Thanks for the heads up there, just upgraded :) £25 for the collectors edition isn't bad!
I don't want to play Guardians >.< lol Guess I'll come join you anyway grr
I can't activate RIFT on Steam which is rather annoying, would be nice to do, maybe they'll add it later or something :S

LFFPicard

Godlike
Well do when I stop idling on Steam and actually do something :p

Depending on how far you level before I next get on there I can either play with you with my Mage or I can roll a new char :)
What did you go for in the end?

JSG10

Expert
Mage of course >.< lol I
Currently playing as Elementalist/Stormcaller/Dominator (I think - not sure on the 3rd!) All a bit confusing lol I'm enjoying it but only level 7 I think at the moment lol
I'm not 100% set on it as yet but expecting it to get better as I play on. I'm waiting to get to a mailbox so I can get my pet and mount! Most irritating not having them already lol

LFFPicard

Godlike
Make sure you turn on the mailbox icon for the minimap (The options button is the top one next to minimap)
You will be surprised how easy it is to run straight past the Mailbox :)

My Mage has just respecced to a Pyr/Ele/Dom.

I like it, the rifts are like Champion Spawns from Ultima Online and I really enjoyed them infact I am yet to find a game to beat Ultima Online it was just plain awesome until EA got their grubby hands on it.

JSG10

Expert
Found a mailbox, got my turtle mount thingy and a pet :)

Just encountered my first rift, I was happily questing away and it all started happening, I got quite confused, died a few times before I realised there were different level areas in the rift... they don't explain that one, grouped up with some guy who's also a noob and we were laughing at each other lol finally killed the boss dude with loads of other people, I didn't do a lot, and got nearly 100g for it lol
I'm collecting all sorts of rubbish for crafting but I've only got harvesting skills so can't actually craft anything lol I'm hoping there is an AH type thing somewhere!

People need to add me, I don't want to be a loner! haha

JSG10

Expert
?? Hijacking your thread? I think you'll find this is my thread and as I made it I can't possibly hijack it. :p

JSG10

Expert
Can a mod please change the title of this thread to something like RIFT Characters? Or something like that so it's not identical to Keenhails.
I didn't realise I'd put the same thread title and didn't realise it was such an issue >.<

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Like LFF said, Icewatch Guardians. Having a really good time, Rift is a great game which takes the good parts of other MMO's and sticks them together into something that's very much worth playing. I'm very glad I went for Rift and not back to WoW, EVE or something else.

JSG10

Expert
Hey Evil, whats your toon on there? Mines Balthamel
Picard added me the other day :)
I'm on Icewatch too got a mage on Guardians and just started a Warrior on Defiant. Thought I'd check out both sides :)
I'm having a great time on it too, ran into a really friendly guild that have helped me out loads, given me a lot of advice, bags and runes :) I was very suprised by that!
I'm looking forward to progressing through the game and seeing what else it has to offer :)

@nthony

Just signed up for this and downloading the client right now... Looking forward to it, read a lot about it. Is there much difference between the Guardians and the Defiants?

JSG10

Expert
Hi Anthony, get yourself on Icewatch server and join me :)
Erm not a great deal of difference really, both fighting the same battle but fighting each other at the same time too lol
Guardians are Ascended by the Gods while Defiants have engineered their own Ascended's.

Zeplini

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to something like RIFT Characters? Or something like that so it's not identical to Keenhails.
I didn't realise I'd put the same thread title and didn't realise it was such an issue >.<

Done ;)

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Hey Evil, whats your toon on there? Mines Balthamel
Picard added me the other day :)
I'm on Icewatch too got a mage on Guardians and just started a Warrior on Defiant. Thought I'd check out both sides :)
I'm having a great time on it too, ran into a really friendly guild that have helped me out loads, given me a lot of advice, bags and runes :) I was very suprised by that!
I'm looking forward to progressing through the game and seeing what else it has to offer :)

Vindicta is likely to become my 'main' - taking it pretty slowly at the moment but will undoubtedly end up semi-hardcoring the endgame. Drop me a tell if you see me ingame, I am online most evenings.