Rift + Oblivion or Sims 3 + Expansion packs

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Hello!

Now my pc is set up my PC game collection is going to start to build a bit! I've join the PCS Steam group (so anyone wanting to send over a friend request, don't be shy!)

I have enough money for either Rift and Oblivion or The Sims 3 and a few expansion packs.

I play WoW a lot and wondered what Rift was like, getting a few mixed reviews about it, and I love Oblivion!

Anyone have any ideas on the 'best' choice. I mean, what would you buy...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
...is that the only options? :D

I wont rant about The Sims again, but I would have a poke around Steam and find some other options and guage the opinions of your fellow PCSers then.

Oblivion never did it for me, after loving Morrowind so much! With Skyrim out this year though, Oblivion might be a good one to play before it?

The good thing about Steam is there is literally thousands of games to choose from, and some you can find at knock down prices (Midweek Madness and Weekend Deals etc).

And of course the thing with Rift is, you have to take into account the monthly cost too :) (though you knew that didnt you!)

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Granted not the only options, I'm open to suggestions sure! What's your favourite game that I could look at getting from Steam?

I did know about the Rift monthly payments that's why I've held back on buying it incase it was such a flop, and I'm still undecided.
True about Oblivion, might hold off for Skyrim rather then put so much effort into a character on Oblivion only to give up when Skyrim rolls around.

The Sims, for me, is funny as hell... I know that many people dislike it or have some issues with it but it was the first PC game I ever played and followed the franchise throughout the releases.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Will not argue with personal taste, because theres not point, its personal!

I will have a look in my library after work and see if there is anything that is good but going for quite cheap at the mo (always the best kind to get if you arent sure). You can find some rela gems that way.

Also, check out in the PCS group, I think you can see to some extent what people have been playing too!

LFFPicard

Godlike
As Deadeye has said check the PCS steam pages shows the hours people have put into games so you can see the ones we all play often.

Also don't look just for bargain games, alot of the games we play are still on full retail but do sometimes go for bargains on the sales so add them to your wish list and check them every Wednesday and Friday! Some of the games I have and love to play co-op/MP etc are.

Supreme Commander
Borderlands
Civ IV / V
Bad Company 2

BAD SANTA

Skyrim isn't out till November and will probably be delayed anyway so I would def get oblivion if you haven't played it already as it's my fav game of all time, I haven't played rift yet so I can't say and the sims is not my bag so it's up to you but again oblivion is the best game I have ever played on any platform ever, though if your big on mmo's you might not be big on oblivion as it's a first Person rpg but I would still recommend it.

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Hey Santa! Where's my pony! :mad:

On topic - I have played Oblivion, have it for 360 but want to put my new PC to good use. Thinking of games I can get and its tough to pick! Checked out Steams shop and theres plenty sure, but its just confusing on what people are playing and what I can gel with the best...

Basically I play anything, any genre any platform, hand me a controller, show me the screen and I'll go... Bit like a clockwork bunny. Hmm..

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
At the time of oblivion my old pc couldnt really play it, so i got it on the ps3 since tons of people suggested it to me.

oblivion_khajiit_j__mhad_by_aixapredator93-d395j8c.jpg

IT WAS NOT MY CUP OF TEA

Nemesis

Yeah my friend played it. Loved it. but i always remember the faces were freaky as hell and the AI was hilarious
He'd go and kill someone, who was on their own, then another person would walk in, ignore you, go over and look at the body not seeming to care (that youd killed someone) and you'd kill them (over and over)

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
I apparently stole a horse that was in the middle of no where and then suddenly was chased by what i can only describe as mutant vegetable people

267455426_0f78bb9d75.jpg

plus it played like runescape -.-

ps. skyrim looks nice x wont bye it but it looks nice x
game-informer-skyrim-shots_1294673248.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
FL:FoW

I cant remember why I bought this (ages ago), but I really really liked it at a time when CoD was just plain ****ing me off :D

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Haha some very funny moments in Oblivion, Stuff like flinging the adoring fan from the highest point and watching his body fly off in the distance. Many videos on youtube of Oblivion glitches.

Anyhow I spent all last night pondering on what I can put my computer to use with seeing as I get to about 9-10pm and clueless on what to do next... I've started playing CS:S again because I found my copy of it hidden under my books \o/ yey! but I'm still looking for more... The Sims 3 is growing ever more appealing. I wont be getting rift, far too many bed reviews. Probably better for a first timer in the MMO business...

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Haha yeh.

Whenever I cant think what to play at 11pm, and dont want to start any long missions on AC or Mass Effect, I just pop on CS:S, because its relaxing! :D You CANNOT go wrong with CS:S!

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
I feel a bit of a loner becuase I just started a new steam account because for whatever reason my old one was blocked (inactivity maybe?) so I have no friends on there :(

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Feel free to add me :) And I am sure many in the PCS group will accept too.

Might be a pain to find any of your old friends...I know id struggle to remember em all!

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, most of them dont play anymore anyway, was mainly through secondary school. I've just tried to add a few from the PCS group but nothing happens when i click 'add to friends'... *sigh* i think Steam hates me

edit: I think i figured out why, when I hover over 'add to friends' a steam icon appears, does this mean I need to be on the program and no in the browser?

Last edited:

Kiazak

Silver Level Poster
Hmm taking an interest to AC:B, just been looking at the multiplayer, anyone know what its like online for the PC?

Sie

Gold Level Poster
if your into mmo's try RIFT there doing trials also at the moment i think, but as it stands the game seems far from a flop...not a wow killer but it is deffinatly standing its ground against the titans that are...Blizzard :)

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
"hi, i'm korey"

"hi, korey"​

"i've been off the sims for 3 days now"

"well done korey" *random cheers*​

"i lied, she has a gun to my head"

"uh oh"​

"well help me then!!!!

"divorce?"​

"tried that"

30c9a407ac538c9a118eb05164bd9aae.image.216x303.jpg