Rift

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Anyone playing the RIFT BETA at the moment?

I played a little last night, and I think the game definatly has potention, nice graphics, and the gameplay feels pretty solid.

Theres a few people complaining in the chat saying "Maybe i'll come back when the game is properly optimised!" but it seems to be just people not realising that games do advance through the years and are going to need better hardware to be played. Im playing on Ultra High with constant 40ish FPS.

Heres the site link http://www.riftgame.com/en/

If anyones on it, what class are you?
Im a Warrior Riftblade / Champion / Warlord - seems to be a decent character, but I wouldn't mind checking out a Mage and a Cleric character.

Anyway, i'm definatly considering buying this when its out!

JSG10

Expert
Yeah I'm on it but barely played it. Just started up a mage. All looks cool but can see a lot of "WoW" elements in there, seems they've pretty much nicked the whole UI from there but I guess thats the trouble... how do you do it differently?
Got too many games going on at the moment though to invest any proper time into it :(
Also playing the World Of Tanks beta which is great fun :)

Zeplini

bought the collectors edition, playing guardians till launch and then the best side after - icewatch server, name- kanieka ;)

Managed to get in on beta 6 after pre ordering the CE from Shopto.net.
Enjoyed every minute of it, despite telling myself to only play it for a couple of hours as the alt will get deleted pre-launch I spent all 4 days of the beta on it...and of course Beta 7 kicks off tonight, 15 feb 1800 hours UK time, and I will be on their too...probably for as much of the 6 days a spossible. Just got to finish this darned late shift....arrrrghhhhh

AndyMc

I've moved from playing WoW to this game. The reason I prefer this over WoW: Cataclysm is because it has a lot of outdoor interaction. Since Vanilla Blizzard has ran down outdoor server interaction, PvE and PvP is all done within an instance now.

Trion is different, they have huge dynamic planar invasions. 10 man raiding is completely outdoor which could incur the wrath of world pvp if your on a pvp server that is and that in my eyes is fun, they'll willing to try something new.

And with the recent announcement of 4.1 in Cataclysm with yet more recycled content I'm confident I made a wise decision to quit Cata and move onto Rift.

Last edited:

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I must admit, I am highly considering it. I think tbh, now that I think about it I do actually prefer it over WoW. Shame I have no money at the moment though, can already play it if you've pre-ordered it.

Gorman

Author Level
Bought this after months of nagging by Zeplini, in typical fashion he has jumped ship the moment i got it.

Its a good little game and is keeping me entertained for now, we will see how long it lasts. More than a few ex wow players seem to be taking it up.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Despite playing the Beta a little bit, and enjoying it, I decided too hold out on it, and bought Mortal instead which as you say, is keeping me occupied for now but not sure how long for.

JSG10

Expert
I'm sticking to WoW for now, albeit as an extremely casual player lol and I'm awaiting the new Star Wars mmo :)

Clivewk1

i quit wow long ago and have never really been able to find a game i enjoyed as much, now i have rift tho, im loving it hit 50 3 days ago, Defiant rogue on sagespire (pvp) server name is Isogen

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Great game, played Beta abit bought the CE edtion..

leveled a guardian warrior to 50 during the head start event then rerolled Defiant Rogue currently at 45 :p Server : Shivermere.

running on my old rig with terribad settings and around 15-21 FPS...still fairly smooth but with low settings i lack the stunning visuals the game has to offer...till i get the money for my sparkly new PCS rig :D

BAD SANTA

deadeye, first off you are a legend is that duck of a cartoon called Bucky o hair? Man I love that cartoon and second bioware don't make bad games they make epic games and swtor is going to be great. I seriously can't wait.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Yea ill be dropping Rift when SWTOR is released..just like i "dropped" nolife'ing wow when rift released :p