Rift?

Ryan2607

Has anybody participated in the beta of Rift?
If so, would you recommend it?, looking for a few new games to play, After 6 years of playing world of warcraft, it's getting quite repetitive and boring, Ive been told Rift is just like world of warcraft with fancier graphics though :/
Looks quite awesome though.

If not Rift, would you recommend any other games?

Meds

I played the BETA for a few days, the fact I didn't play the final BETA or buy the game probably says it all. It was ok, nothing special, but everyone is different - you might love it, a lot of people do!

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Please use search as theres a thread for Rift literally 4 threads under this one? (not having a go, just saying ^^)
Everyone keeps saying its the same as WoW with fancier graphics, these people are clearly retarded, because the only thing it resembles to WoW is the generics of a MMORPG, just like every other MMORPG before and after WoW :p
It is however very silimair to Warhammer Online, but with improvements to where WAR fails. It even looks similair due to using the same engine.
The class system is alot more unique in that there are 3 main classes, and then about 8 sub classes within, in which you have to pick 3, which makes for alot of different characters.
I personally enjoyed it, but like Meds says, its obviously not for everyone, definatly give it a go if you get a chance though!