RIP Annie Nightingale

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The first female radio 1 DJ has passed away aged 83

I genuinely had no idea she was anywhere near that old, I saw her on TV recently and yes she looked well lived, but certainly not that old. She still appeared on some radio shows recently, think she did a special Radio One Big Event and she was still as relevant as any of the other new DJ's.

My god, that's opened my eyes, I genuinely thought she was more like 50's.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I genuinely had no idea she was anywhere near that old, I saw her on TV recently and yes she looked well lived, but certainly not that old. She still appeared on some radio shows recently, think she did a special Radio One Big Event and she was still as relevant as any of the other new DJ's.

My god, that's opened my eyes, I genuinely thought she was more like 50's.
Yea I hadn't realised either, being that she was around in 70's I'd have thought late 60's early 70's

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yea I hadn't realised either, being that she was around in 70's I'd have thought late 60's early 70's
It’s not like she presented a classic show reliving old times either, she was playing brand new cutting edge house music and big dance numbers, and she wasn’t simply presenting them, she knew them through and through.

I’m slightly in awe. Her and Peele, absolute legends in the dance music realm, far bigger than radio.