RMA question

ariadne2

Silver Level Poster
When you request an RMA, do they approve it before or after collection?

And do you get a time slot for collection or re-delivery?

Thanks

steaky360

They typically wont arrange collection unless your RMA is approved (if that's what you're asking)?

Not sure about timeslots for collection, I think you do, or you may just be given a day. If I remember the re-delivery is the same as the original delivery (ie you'll get a 1 hour timeslot).

ariadne2

Silver Level Poster
They typically wont arrange collection unless your RMA is approved (if that's what you're asking)?

Not sure about timeslots for collection, I think you do, or you may just be given a day. If I remember the re-delivery is the same as the original delivery (ie you'll get a 1 hour timeslot).

Well, I selected Wednesday collection, and now I'm waiting for my RMA to be approved.. but then I wondered if they approve it after they receive it from the courier? or does that have to happen before, but if so then why do they give you an option of what day you want it collected when you request the RMA?

I'm just impatient to get this sorted as I waited so long for the pc to arrive only to have it die after only 2 days, I want it back and working already lol

steaky360

Your best bet would be to give PCS a call to be sure, but it depends on when you requested the RMA. As far as I know they wont arrange the collection unless they've approved the RMA (makes no sense to do that in my opinion). They will approve the RMA, collect the PC and then test/repair as required before sending it back, I doubt you'll be able to pick a day for re-delivery.

ariadne2

Silver Level Poster
Your best bet would be to give PCS a call to be sure, but it depends on when you requested the RMA. As far as I know they wont arrange the collection unless they've approved the RMA (makes no sense to do that in my opinion). They will approve the RMA, collect the PC and then test/repair as required before sending it back, I doubt you'll be able to pick a day for re-delivery.

I requested it on Saturday morning and it's currently still showing as pending approval. I guess I'll call them tomorrow if no change, since it's supposed to be collected on Wednesday and I have to make sure so someone can be at home.