RMA times

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
My daughter's laptop screen has all sorts of vertical and horizontal coloured lines on two sides of the screen which change when pressure applied. Looks like she has damaged the screen somehow and will likely need a new screen.
Problem is she is using the laptop for university work. She is home over Christmas right now but will return to uni in Jan. She is more reliant on this than ever with lectures being held remotely. The obvious thing would usually be to return to PCS for repair but she can't afford to wait and for the work to be done. I'm tempted to pay a local repair shop to do the work even knowing it will invalidate the warranty.
Anyone know what sort of times PCS are working to at the moment?

Gavras

Master Poster
My daughter's laptop screen has all sorts of vertical and horizontal coloured lines on two sides of the screen which change when pressure applied. Looks like she has damaged the screen somehow and will likely need a new screen.
Problem is she is using the laptop for university work. She is home over Christmas right now but will return to uni in Jan. She is more reliant on this than ever with lectures being held remotely. The obvious thing would usually be to return to PCS for repair but she can't afford to wait and for the work to be done. I'm tempted to pay a local repair shop to do the work even knowing it will invalidate the warranty.
Anyone know what sort of times PCS are working to at the moment?
Only PCS will know, I would ask them directly.

The big problem is post Christmas is most probably one of the busiest times for most organisations with returns, I doubt PCS will be any different.

try them on online Chat when open.

Can she use another monitor as a get by for now?

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Thanks. As luck would have it she has just received a standalone monitor from her boyfriend for Xmas. It was going to be used as a second monitor but it now looks like it will be a godsend. It may be a case of using that until the summer then going back to PCS.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks. As luck would have it she has just received a standalone monitor from her boyfriend for Xmas. It was going to be used as a second monitor but it now looks like it will be a godsend. It may be a case of using that until the summer then going back to PCS.
That's handy in more ways than one. If the display if ok on the monitor then it's clearly a laptop screen fault...