RMA

Imogen

I know I’ve asked a staff member this question already, how long maximum can an RMA take? Up to two weeks, and I understand their busy at the moment with other RMAs and builds. However, I’m curious how to check updates about my order? Such as when it’s first being built you get updates such as it’s “in building or now being prepared for stress testing” etc. Is there a way to check the RMA for things such as “your computer is now being looked at or your computer is undergoing repair” etc...?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't think there is a maximum time, it takes as long as it takes really. Bear in mind that they first have to reproduce the reported problem(s) and that's not always as straightforward as it sounds, then they need to troubleshoot to establish what is causing the problem(s), that could be software or hardware (or firmware) of course, then they have to fix the problem (and that may need a part that's not in stock at the moment), and finally they have to stress test it to be sure that the problem is fixed and that they haven't created any new problems.

DarkPaladin

Enthusiast
I'd assume it'll be based on how easy it is to replicate your issue and knowing how to properly fix it. I can only speak from my own personal experience, but I had an RMA a few weeks ago and it only took them 3 working days before it was ready to be returned with DPD.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
We are quite busy at the minute sadly :confused:. In general wait time depends on several factors.

- How busy we are.
- How young the order is.

And once we have it on the bench the delays can be caused by stock availability or replication time :).

Your system went was printed off for inspection for this weekend so we will hopefully have an update on Monday for you.