Roadmap?

WortonTech

Bronze Level Poster
Do we have the ability to see a Roadmap of potential products coming in the future?

This does not need to be in detail but many a Service Manager within the company who can say something like:

"The new GPU 3d Memory technology will be integrated into our 14, 15 and 17inch laptop ranges in December 2027"

keynes

Multiverse Poster
2027? That's far ahead :p
Seems like a nice idea but if I was selling something I wouldn't personally do it since it could affect current sales.

PokerFace

Banned
"The new GPU 3d Memory technology will be integrated into our 14, 15 and 17inch laptop ranges in December 2027"

Nice idea, but I agree with keynes' point. Besides, it's more likely the tech will be integrated into our brains than a laptop by 2027 (a la the tv series Intelligence)! :)

2027? That's far ahead :p
Seems like a nice idea but if I was selling something I wouldn't personally do it since it could affect current sales.

Good point. We already see quite a few people on this forum who say they are waiting a few months for a new GPU, CPU etc. to become available.

Spuff

Expert
I was thinking of a little bit of innovation today that I can't see any reason won't happen.
In games like Elder Scrolls where you have multiple choice text responses to voiced NPCs, at present your character is usually silent. I envisage a facility where, if you have a microphone, the game will get you to say a few calibrating words, and from that your character in the game will talk with your voice. You'd also have the fine controls for preset voices for your character like we currently have for physical appearance. Beyond that we will have the ability to voice chat with NPCs in full conversations, if what you say encourages a conversation.

Last edited: