Rockstar's "Hold My Beer" moment...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Cyberpunk 2077's release last year was a bit of a disappointment it's fair to say, and the thead we had devoted to the game speaks for itself, as does the wider set of reviews, etc. It's hard to estimate how much goodwill CD Projekt Red managed to blow mucking up that release. I was kinda curious about the GTA Trilogy release as I enjoyed the hell out of the games when they released, but it seems like it's a repeat of CP2077, but this time it's Rockstar that has well and truly dropped the ball.

They had to pull it from sale on PlayStation AND PC. The PC version still isn't back on sale.

I was considering buying it on release day once I'd seen some reviews, but charging full current price for games that are upto 20 years old put me off. And then it was pulled from sale so I couldn't buy it even if I still wanted to - I don't!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Cyberpunk 2077's release last year was a bit of a disappointment it's fair to say, and the thead we had devoted to the game speaks for itself, as does the wider set of reviews, etc. It's hard to estimate how much goodwill CD Projekt Red managed to blow mucking up that release. I was kinda curious about the GTA Trilogy release as I enjoyed the hell out of the games when they released, but it seems like it's a repeat of CP2077, but this time it's Rockstar that has well and truly dropped the ball.

They had to pull it from sale on PlayStation AND PC. The PC version still isn't back on sale.

I was considering buying it on release day once I'd seen some reviews, but charging full current price for games that are upto 20 years old put me off. And then it was pulled from sale so I couldn't buy it even if I still wanted to - I don't!

Yes, I caught this story yesterday, really does seem like a dreadful mess.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Yes, I caught this story yesterday, really does seem like a dreadful mess.

Whenever a game's reviews are held off until release day, it suggests it's going to be rough. I try not to pre-order (Steam tends to offer their "pre-order" bonuses on release day as well, so I don't miss out on anything in that respect) and situations like this are very much why.

I've seen a theory that the PS5 version of GTA V being delayed into next year is why Rockstar panicked and released this in time for Christmas. It would certainly fit - it seems like this probably needed another few months at least.

MKUltr@

i have seen screen shots and gameplay of this "remaster" and it looks absolutely awful. i considered buying it but then i saw the price tag and noped out of there real fast

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
I was interested in the trilogy and then saw it beat eFootball as the lowest-rated game in 2021. No small feat in obtaining that monster of an award.