rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How did you order a 3070 system in mid october? I thought they were available from the 29th
He ordered something else and then amended his order
Yes, this.

I ordered everything to include an RTX3080 and a Zen 2 3600 - then saw the AMD announcement and changed the CPU to a 5600X.

A while later, realising the RTX3080 was not going to happen this year, I flipped to the AMD 6800XT at 13:58/13:59 on launch day, but saw my order was not progressing...hence the call to see what was holding it up...as the only email I'd received was to say the OOS PSU was holding it up, and changing that had not progressed it any further.

On Thur/Fri last week I called to check and was told it was the R6800XT AND 5600X that was still pre-order and couldn't be guaranteed before Christmas. I told them I had a hard deadline for delivery of 18-Dec (for claiming my £1000 WFH benefit from the company - otherwise my budget would be £1000 less) and asked what I could do to progress the build.

I was told I could switch to a RTX3070 and 5800X and not lose my build slot...so did...there were supposedly a good few 3070s available to be allocated, but again the earlier the original order the better.

decaro

Enthusiast
Yes, this.

I ordered everything to include an RTX3080 and a Zen 2 3600 - then saw the AMD announcement and changed the CPU to a 5600X.

A while later, realising the RTX3080 was not going to happen this year, I flipped to the AMD 6800XT at 13:58/13:59 on launch day, but saw my order was not progressing...hence the call to see what was holding it up...as the only email I'd received was to say the OOS PSU was holding it up, and changing that had not progressed it any further.

On Thur/Fri last week I called to check and was told it was the R6800XT AND 5600X that was still pre-order and couldn't be guaranteed before Christmas. I told them I had a hard deadline for delivery of 18-Dec (for claiming my £1000 WFH benefit from the company - otherwise my budget would be £1000 less) and asked what I could do to progress the build.

I was told I could switch to a RTX3070 and 5800X and not lose my build slot...so did...there were supposedly a good few 3070s available to be allocated, but again the earlier the original order the better.
Lucky you lol, I guess they do it from when the order was placed.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Lucky you lol, I guess they do it from when the order was placed.
...and of course, the only way to know what's holding your build up is to call them...as nothing on your order form will indicate that something that was available when you ordered has not gone out of stock in the meantime (hence my 750W to 850W to 1000W PSU upgrades as each went out of stock).

My 'change log' is quite long - most down to my own choices (upgrade to latest gen CPU, then GPU, then RAM) and half down to delay/OOS emails (PSU x 2, CPU, GPU, SSD).

hemumr

...and of course, the only way to know what's holding your build up is to call them...as nothing on your order form will indicate that something that was available when you ordered has not gone out of stock in the meantime (hence my 750W to 850W to 1000W PSU upgrades as each went out of stock).

My 'change log' is quite long - most down to my own choices (upgrade to latest gen CPU, then GPU, then RAM) and half down to delay/OOS emails (PSU x 2, CPU, GPU, SSD).
How much does it cost to call them or is it free?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How much does it cost to call them or is it free?
It's a 0333 number, so the same cost as a local call - so free if your phone plan has inclusive minutes.

I was on for 40 minutes the first time...but gave up.

2nd time it was a 54 minute wait and a 22 minute discussion/chat.

decaro

Enthusiast
It's a 0333 number, so the same cost as a local call - so free if your phone plan has inclusive minutes.

I was on for 40 minutes the first time...but gave up.

2nd time it was a 54 minute wait and a 22 minute discussion/chat.
With hold times like that i'll try my luck with live chat or e-mail

decaro

Enthusiast
I only went to the phone when I got fed up with live chat, and I haven't heard of quick replies to emails either ;)

BTW, when did you order?
Launch day, its getting on my nerves seeing people who ordered in early november having their systems already while ive been told all mine is waiting for is the gpu. pain.

decaro

Enthusiast
I feel we will get it soon ;)
At this rate I doubt it. Its even more frustrating because the day after I ordered it, my current rig's power supply went up in the magic smoke so I am without a system I can even do basic work on never mind games so im in a very sticky situation.

Though you would like to know that my system arrived today and it contains a Zotac 3070. I ordered on 1st November and the payment went through the same day. Hang in their guys/girls it will be worth the wait.

hemumr

I just got off the phone with PCS they said I am likely to recieve my build before christmas (ordered 11th Novemebr) they think I will get my build started on the 20th - 25th working day (I am currently on the 14th working day) So I will hopefully recieve it around the 20th of December. Now praying this info is correct so I can play on my 3070

decaro

Enthusiast
I just got off the phone with PCS they said I am likely to recieve my build before christmas (ordered 11th Novemebr) they think I will get my build started on the 20th - 25th working day (I am currently on the 14th working day) So I will hopefully recieve it around the 20th of December. Now praying this info is correct so I can play on my 3070
kewl but there queue seems to be wierd lol

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine was dispatched on 36th working day.