rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

decaro

Enthusiast
IN BUILDING LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
IN BUILDING LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
About time (y) :love:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Dog house

Its now arriving today... "sorry wife, lunch time. Yeah. Staying in. PC is arriving early...." haha
Just tell her someone has messed up and sent you a computer instead of the birthday cake you had ordered........... :ROFLMAO:

skril

Bronze Level Poster
You will get Tuesday like me. Despatched in weekend and info from dpd delivery Monday but they will pick up Monday from them ale move delivery.for Tuesday.

DonCos

Mine just got shipped. Ordered a 3070 build on the 20th of November if anyone is interested.

3 weeks turn around. Not bad at all considering the stock shortages. Great work to PCS credit where it's due
Wow, bummed. I ordered a 3070 build on the same day and downgraded my GPU to a stopgap 5500x last week Tuesday so I could get it by Christmas holiday.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
nice nice! good to hear that they are trickling in. that's what I like to see. progress. And decaro matey you have been waiting a fair bit.

my order was on the 2nd of dec so more to wait as far as mine goes....

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
Oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gaaaawd!

Mine went into building about 1 hr ago!

Ordered on the 2nd of December and it's a 3070 and amd 5600x machine (the only two items that were preorder only).

MMBaz

Oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gaaaawd!

Mine went into building about 1 hr ago!

Ordered on the 2nd of December and it's a 3070 and amd 5600x machine (the only two items that were preorder only).
I’m glad you’re getting yours but how is it possible that I’ve seen a couple people in-building now that have ordered after me? I ordered on the 27th November. I contacted PCS and was told I was only waiting on a 3070 but how can this be if they’re allocated by order date yet people are who ordered after me are getting them before me? Don’t really understand.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
I’m glad you’re getting yours but how is it possible that I’ve seen a couple people in-building now that have ordered after me? I ordered on the 27th November. I contacted PCS and was told I was only waiting on a 3070 but how can this be if they’re allocated by order date yet people are who ordered after me are getting them before me? Don’t really understand.
ah dude i do not know to be honest. anything else in your build that was preorder only? or did you change anything while you were waiting?

something in me tells me that this is a mistake on their system... ..... :(

but on the other hand maybe yours is really not that far in the line anymore. maybe its just the way they allocate builds that are ready to be done and get them out of the way.

it can be down to something silly such as someone being available / willing to start another build that late in the day and this was the one that he / she thought could make reasonable progress in the last couple of hours of the work day due to component familiarization or whatever, something silly like that and yours will be in building with a zotac gold plated founders edition very very soon.

27th of november to 2nd of december is only 3 working days difference which could be well within roughly the "same" queue location due to factors such as random bits availability, PCS staff finishing a build and going onto another one and who knows what else.... keep us posted so we can get a better idea as to what's what.

MMBaz

ah dude i do not know to be honest. anything else in your build that was preorder only? or did you change anything while you were waiting?

something in me tells me that this is a mistake on their system... ..... :(

but on the other hand maybe yours is really not that far in the line anymore. maybe its just the way they allocate builds that are ready to be done and get them out of the way.

it can be down to something silly such as someone being available / willing to start another build that late in the day and this was the one that he / she thought could make reasonable progress in the last couple of hours of the work day due to component familiarization or whatever, something silly like that and yours will be in building with a zotac gold plated founders edition very very soon.

27th of november to 2nd of december is only 3 working days difference which could be well within roughly the "same" queue location due to factors such as random bits availability, PCS staff finishing a build and going onto another one and who knows what else.... keep us posted so we can get a better idea as to what's what.
Thanks for the reply mate! It very well could be that but when I ordered literally nothing was marked as pre-order. Not even the GPU but was told via customer service a couple days ago it was always pre-order - which it wasn’t. I haven’t changed or amended anything so can’t be that. Customer service said the only thing I was waiting on was a 3070 and not to expect my build before Christmas etc.

carrot_monkey

Bronze Level Poster
I remember those days as I had put together my build and was doing last minute tweaks and trying to squeeze every bit of wisdom of the usual people in this forum.

Then suddenly the 3070 went pre order only and that made me to place the order to be honest as I was getting fed up of salivating over my future rig and components becoming unavailable one by one. I thought best to jump on the queue rather than wait for that perfect moment like it was my night at the prom.

I do think there can be a delay in the software that they have, between an online order and their warehouse stocks. What we are experiencing is pushing that software to its limits of responsivenes.

I do believe that yours is not far away either tbh.