rtx 3070 sales preference according to upgrade / build ?

Rob21

No. Its not true that items are 'reserved' for you when you order. Your name isn't put on anything until you come to the top of the build queue and your items are picked.

This is because people can change their order anytime before it goes into building, so an item that was in stock when you order may be used up by people ahead of you in the queue switching to it.

ok. With that being the case I was right to go back to the standard 3070 as all the TUF Gaming 3070 was used up by people ahead of me, hence why it's now out of stock. That also means I won't of fallen back in the queue with me changing the GPU as the orders are picked based on the order date.

Nasko

Popping to tell you that I'm at 19 working days, I'll update you on when I switch to the building process (fingers crossed for this to happen in the current week), so that you guys have a reference!

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
As I am, well, waiting for a Nvidia GEforce RTX 3070 and there seems to be no specific up to date thread, I thought I ask around how it's for other people.
I switched already from a 3060 ti, as only might come when hell freezes over and was told its still better than 3080 or 3090. And than I just heard that supposedly
the bitcoin farming broke down.
So, I am at just 16 pre-processing days, so not that bad. I heard everything from 20 to 40. Average on the page says 37 in total i believe. if i count the first stage, which was a normal 5 days, than it would be 21 i guess.
Anyways, let me hear or join here if you have some waiting to do too. ;)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As I am, well, waiting for a Nvidia GEforce RTX 3070 and there seems to be no specific up to date thread, I thought I ask around how it's for other people.
I switched already from a 3060 ti, as only might come when hell freezes over and was told its still better than 3080 or 3090. And than I just heard that supposedly
the bitcoin farming broke down.
So, I am at just 16 pre-processing days, so not that bad. I heard everything from 20 to 40. Average on the page says 37 in total i believe. if i count the first stage, which was a normal 5 days, than it would be 21 i guess.
Anyways, let me hear or join here if you have some waiting to do too. ;)
Good evening. Spotted your message and combined it into the thread you were probably looking for 🙂

Side note: IP address seems to indicate you’re in Lancaster, is that true? That’s the town where I was born and raised (at Ripley St Thomas I spent most of my days).

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
it seems. wasnt sure. (sorry, i think different as autist :D)
yeah, Lancaster. what i coincidence, i just live near that school. though i didnt grew up here, just moved from germany here to be with my gf. and currently looking to move to Glasgow.

hope we get some updates here. i am prepared to wait, but still nice to see how it goes and if faster, the better.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
it seems. wasnt sure. (sorry, i think different as autist :D)
yeah, Lancaster. what i coincidence, i just live near that school. though i didnt grew up here, just moved from germany here to be with my gf. and currently looking to move to Glasgow.

hope we get some updates here. i am prepared to wait, but still nice to see how it goes and if faster, the better.
That’s so bizarre, I’m from Lancaster but the rest of the family… all from Glasgow! You may have already met some of my family members and may meet some more if you make the move. I can only apologise for their behaviour 😜

Hope your move goes well, Glasgow is an incredible place and it’s a genuine experience living there!

Hopefully your wait for a 3070 system shouldn’t take forever, there’s been a bit of a push on them recently due to some frankly bizarre price fluctuations but just over thirty days seems about right from recent posts 👍

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
30 days in total or in pre-processing?

funny coincidences indeed. she has some family there too. first we looked at paisley, but now it seems to be a good choice to look in Govan i think its called? cause we are queer and disabled, it seems a better fit.
Glasgow has some advantages over our current place, even if it is a nice place, but having more options, contacts and people is enticing. plus, if Scotland gets hopefully independent, we are in the right place. we visited once shortly and it seems a great town, reminds me of my birth place, Lübeck.

Nasko

I've got news from support (which are not necessarily true, from my experience).
They're telling me that they don't have any new 3070 stock before the 18 of July, that would represent 30 working days in my case.
Moreover, they don't have any 80+ gold 650w/750w PSU left, until the 25 of July.
Which is weird again, because that's a Sunday ?
I'm just gonna personnaly wait for this Friday, and trynna find the components by myself then ^^

Last edited:

Rob21

I've got news from support (which are not necessarily true, from my experience).
They're telling me that they don't have any new 3070 stock before the 18 of July, that would represent 30 working days in my case.
Moreover, they don't have any 80+ gold 650w/750w PSU left, until the 25 of July.
Which is weird again, because that's a Sunday ?
I'm just gonna personnaly wait for this Friday, and trynna find the components by myself then ^^

Surely the PSU can't be true. There will be hundreds if not thousands of builds with those PSU's in the build. That would create a massive backlog of orders. Also why would the configurator say the PSU is in stock if that simply wasn't the case, especially for 3 weeks. Most other suppliers have stock, even Amazon. PCS are not filling me with confidence.

closetchimp

Bronze Level Poster
Oh.. This thread is not filling me with confidence. I'm only 7 days into pre-production waiting on a 3070.

Guess I'll just get myself comfortable as it could be a long wait. 🙄🙄

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
it doesnt sound trustworthy than, but imho it could mean 2 things - either, if lucky, just when they need to order new ones or when they in general buy new ones according to demand. but yeah, weird if would say sunday. if true, it would put me at 27 pre-processing at least. uff, but still faster than worst case scenario. i just wish there was more transparence. like when they estimate to get new ones and when they actually do, plus your place in the cue. shouldnt be that hard to make. i know the circumstances are difficult, but they had a year to give us that service.

btw when i asked tech support last week, they said they could give zero intel. also agree that the PSU thing sounds fishy. and your current chance to get a GPU is still higher here than elsewhere. and last: me is day 17 :)

Zazzri

it doesnt sound trustworthy than, but imho it could mean 2 things - either, if lucky, just when they need to order new ones or when they in general buy new ones according to demand. but yeah, weird if would say sunday. if true, it would put me at 27 pre-processing at least. uff, but still faster than worst case scenario. i just wish there was more transparence. like when they estimate to get new ones and when they actually do, plus your place in the cue. shouldnt be that hard to make. i know the circumstances are difficult, but they had a year to give us that service.

btw when i asked tech support last week, they said they could give zero intel. also agree that the PSU thing sounds fishy. and your current chance to get a GPU is still higher here than elsewhere. and last: me is day 17 :)

This is exactly what I want, place in queue and clear understanding of what parts are being waited on and when they are expected.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is exactly what I want, place in queue and clear understanding of what parts are being waited on and when they are expected.
I appreciate the frustration in not knowing when your order will be built but I think we all know the main reasons for the current delays and uncertainty of supply. I also completely understand that knowing where you are in the queue and when your parts are expected would make the frustration of waiting a little easier to bear. It is a fact though, that even if you did know exactly the details you're asking for, your build would not arrive one second sooner.

You have contracted with PCS only for them to build your order. There was no offer by PCS to keep you advised on the progress of your order, only to build it. In addition, PCS are in a very competitive market and there may be very good reasons for them not providing the kind of transparency you're asking for. If I had developed a process to build PCs at low cost I'd be reluctant to advertise how I was able to do that.

You're in a queue that is ordered on time of order and is contingent on the selected parts all being available when you reach the top of that queue. Whilst PCS are, I'm sure, doing all they can to source the relevant parts, they are the victims of the same global shortages as everyone else.

Auburnt Vixen

Bronze Level Poster
I appreciate the frustration in not knowing when your order will be built but I think we all know the main reasons for the current delays and uncertainty of supply. I also completely understand that knowing where you are in the queue and when your parts are expected would make the frustration of waiting a little easier to bear. It is a fact though, that even if you did know exactly the details you're asking for, your build would not arrive one second sooner.

You have contracted with PCS only for them to build your order. There was no offer by PCS to keep you advised on the progress of your order, only to build it. In addition, PCS are in a very competitive market and there may be very good reasons for them not providing the kind of transparency you're asking for. If I had developed a process to build PCs at low cost I'd be reluctant to advertise how I was able to do that.

You're in a queue that is ordered on time of order and is contingent on the selected parts all being available when you reach the top of that queue. Whilst PCS are, I'm sure, doing all they can to source the relevant parts, they are the victims of the same global shortages as everyone else.
This has nothing to do with the contract, but service and in the end PR. it wasnt the question that it would speed up the process of course or to worse the competiton. really didnt expect such a bad faith argument here, wow.

a) a company performs only a good as their service, which includes relevant information to their clients. they provide general and normally
accurate estimates already, which is fine. a queue number is such a simple and easy addition to further give us a data for own estimation.
b) an estimate can easily be updated and the company should provide more data for your build, you paid for upfront, when available. otherwise bad costumer service again. no one expects wonders or unnecessary stuff and normally this wouldnt need to be but in those times it would be a great compromise. my build wont get build faster, yes. but if i am 100th or 10th in the cue is a huge difference and how that changes over the weeks.
c) it wouldnt hurt the competition as they wont reveal any secrets. au contraire, a good costumer service is always good.

EDIT: this comment is a sole response to above. anything beyond that is too offtopic as I agree. you can ignore it outside that context. sorry if i upset anyone

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This has nothing to do with the contract, but service and in the end PR. it wasnt the question that it would speed up the process of course or to worse the competiton. really didnt expect such a bad faith argument here, wow.

a) a company performs only a good as their service, which includes relevant information to their clients. they provide general and normally
accurate estimates already, which is fine. a queue number is such a simple and easy addition to further give us a data for own estimation.
b) an estimate can easily be updated and the company should provide more data for your build, you paid for upfront, when available. otherwise bad costumer service again. no one expects wonders or unnecessary stuff and normally this wouldnt need to be but in those times it would be a great compromise. my build wont get build faster, yes. but if i am 100th or 10th in the cue is a huge difference and how that changes over the weeks.
c) it wouldnt hurt the competition as they wont reveal any secrets. au contraire, a good costumer service is always good.
This has been gone over countless times, there are stickies on the subject.

What you're asking isn't possible with PCS systems. Sure, they could of course upgrade their internal systems, but that would take a few million, if you're willing to give them that I'm sure in a year or so after implementation, the feature may be ready.

It's fine having expectations, but they have to be based in reality. It's just not possible with a company like PCS. Margins in this business are barely anything. They just don't have the resources for something like a custom Dynamics suite.

I strongly recommend going through the stickies which outline all this, you agree to do this before you post and it's clear that you haven't.

DarTon

If people are that impatient then they could cancel the GPU on the order and just lift a Gigabyte 3070 card from [retailer name removed as its a competitor]. They are in stock. You can't do that for a 3060Ti or 3080. Ok it's not a sensible price but if you want it quicker you pay a premium.

More seriously though the fact that some supply of standalone 3070 cards is starting to be seen probably is a signal that it won't be 2-3 months or whatever PCS sales tends to say.

Edit by a mod: please don't point people towards competitors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasko

If people are that impatient then they could cancel the GPU on the order and just lift a Gigabyte 3070 card from [retailer name removed]. They are in stock. You can't do that for a 3060Ti or 3080. Ok it's not a sensible price but if you want it quicker you pay a premium.

More seriously though the fact that some supply of standalone 3070 cards is starting to be seen probably is a signal that it won't be 2-3 months or whatever PCS sales tends to say.
It is ok to be impatient when you pay a big amount of money, litteraly months of working, to get a PC that allows you to play what you litteraly love.
It is ok, after spending more than 2000€ to expect at least good support and communication, and not some weird stuff that sounds like lies, such as "we don't have any PSU left".
It is not ok to be disrespectful towards PCS for the good prices they offer, and the service that is quite good (I mean, they have multiple ISO certifications), neither it is to be disrespectful towards the buyers, as they litteraly make the service living.
Do not tell what ppl should do, we are impatient to play on our new games, and learning to deal with that waiting is part of the enjoying process, as long as we stay respectful !
And I mean, this thread is litteraly our impatience outlet since its creation^^

DarTon

@Nasko. I'm just pointing out that you have got options with regard to the GPU. I'm make no comment with regard to PSUs. When I bought a PCS system with a 3070 in April, there was no way to buy a standalone card from a legitimate retailer (it would have been some random person on eBay etc). The supply situation is improving for some classes of GPU. True, from very poor levels, but improving. But it's simply not "business as usual" yet and may not be for quite a while. Everyone knows the reasons for this.

It's also my experience is that there is little point in attributing value to what PCS sales tell you. Based on what they adamantly told me, I would still be waiting for my PC to still arrive!