RTX 3080 w/ Ryzen 9 5900X

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Hello,

I have recent placed an order for a new PC which will have the Asus ROG STRIX & a Ryzen 9 5900X in it. I am well aware that both of these items re facing stock shortages so under no illusion that it may take 100+ working days to enter building. However what I'm concerned about is stock shortage juggling, example a new 3080 comes in but no Ryzen so PCS allocate the 3080 to another persons order. Then a few weeks later a 5900X comes in but there are no 3080s so again they allocate the R9 to someone else too.

My question is basically will this happen? Or are orders prioritised and a 3080 would be set aside and earmarked for my order until they get the processor in & vice versa?

Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

I have recent placed an order for a new PC which will have the Asus ROG STRIX & a Ryzen 9 5900X in it. I am well aware that both of these items re facing stock shortages so under no illusion that it may take 100+ working days to enter building. However what I'm concerned about is stock shortage juggling, example a new 3080 comes in but no Ryzen so PCS allocate the 3080 to another persons order. Then a few weeks later a 5900X comes in but there are no 3080s so again they allocate the R9 to someone else too.

My question is basically will this happen? Or are orders prioritised and a 3080 would be set aside and earmarked for my order until they get the processor in & vice versa?

Thank you
It's a very imperfect userbase unfortunately, people change their orders at all stages, some completely change the build after 90 days because it's only then that they decide they need feedback.

As such, if someone ahead of you in the queue ends up needing a part that's been allocated to you, it will be transferred to them. It's ONLY to people ahead of you in the queue though.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Builds are completed by order date, so oldest will be prioritised. Say your at 80 days and someone at 90 changes their build to require a part that was allocated to you, it would be given to them. There's alot of info in the stickies aswell so I'd give them a read too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don’t worry though, 5900X is not in anywhere near as bad stocks as 3080
The 3080 and 3060ti seem to be the worst of the lot at the moment with the 6800XT close behind, but the rest seem pretty good averaging up to around 20 days which is quite amazing given the circumstances.

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Perfect, thank you all for the replies. It was mainly to clarify that it does in fact go by order date and they wont just allocate stock out to any order that fits. It's more than fair that someone ahead of me gets first dibs on stock