RTX 3080

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
Now I have no idea how supply chains work, but I assume eventually a large order of 30 series hardware will come in and as a result, a large portion of orders at the front of the queue will start getting ticked off.
The supply chain of 30 series doesn’t follow any norms of a usual supply chain, the moment anywhere get stock they are immediately sold out. I believe from prior posts PCS are getting multiple deliveries weekly but in much smaller quantities then is required hence the backlog of orders.

kozuki

Enthusiast
45 working days, normal 3080 + 5900X, still nothing, but seems like lots of us are around a similar number, so maybe this week?

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
45 working days, normal 3080 + 5900X, still nothing, but seems like lots of us are around a similar number, so maybe this week?
I was told by PCS it was highly unlikely mine would be here before Christmas and I’m currently on 42 working days

kozuki

Enthusiast
I was told by PCS it was highly unlikely mine would be here before Christmas and I’m currently on 42 working days
with so many different things they're telling us and with uncertainty on when/how much stock is coming in, we never know. I feel like it's better for them to say that it's coming later than to say that it's coming before christmas and disappoint people

Lukemondo

Gold Level Poster
with so many different things they're telling us and with uncertainty on when/how much stock is coming in, we never know. I feel like it's better for them to say that it's coming later than to say that it's coming before christmas and disappoint people
Yeah never know what stock will arrive and is better to be told it’ll arrive next year and it arrive this year than vice-versa. I changed my CPU to 5800X and was told “PCS is waiting shipments from suppliers to assemble your device as soon as possible however CPU 5800X should arrive earlier than GPU 3080. It is estimated timeframe.”

So I’m doubting it’ll be this year I receive my order.

kozuki

Enthusiast
Yeah never know what stock will arrive and is better to be told it’ll arrive next year and it arrive this year than vice-versa. I changed my CPU to 5800X and was told “PCS is waiting shipments from suppliers to assemble your device as soon as possible however CPU 5800X should arrive earlier than GPU 3080. It is estimated timeframe.”

So I’m doubting it’ll be this year I receive my order.
I still have hope :) maybe not before christmas, but maybe before NYE. From my understanding I should have a 5900X allocated, because people are getting into building who ordered that CPU week+ after me, so it's the 3080 in the waiting

Gavras

Master Poster
The problem is that with PCS trying to source parts from non standard sources, basically trying everywhere they can.

it can mean at 16:50 the forecast is none, then at 16:52, 30 have been sourced and due in x days time, then at 17:10 another 50.

Unfortunately, those quantities can also go down or be wrong information passed to PCS.

This is always the problem when any organisation faces shortages within its supply chain and goes elsewhere, the spot market is not hugely reliable.

from experience, you can be promised 30 parts, then when arrive it’s either completely different or slight variation that you can’t use.

From previous PCS posts, they are working to the wire with this and will try and cover majority.

Again from experience, when dog legging through various 3rd parties for parts, everything is uncertain until you have it in your hand. You are very much relying on every bit of information being accurate and factual, which for some 3rd parties is challenging.

Sei

Anyone go into building today?
I placed my order on 3rd October and after 50 days, it went into building yesterday and it's in testing today! (51 days) I ordered a standard 3080 + intel i9-10900k.

Last edited:
Reactions: R1Z

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
They've made some appropriate statements on the reality of the situation and how they're dealing with it.:

Given that every youtuber, news outlet, and vendor in the world has basically said. "No cards" I will say you're in for a very long wait. ESPECIALLY if you go ROG Strix like me.

Check the NEWS around January for what Nvidia is saying. If it sounds aobut the same, expect February/March.

Another possibility is removing the offending parts from your system and buying one individually.

Last edited: