RTX 3080

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I had an email stating an estimated building date of today and then got another over the weekend stating it would be Friday.
I have pre-ordered the Rog Strix 3080.

Not sure if the emails are automated and I'm just getting my hopes up?
If they're coming first thing in the morning, like 6:30am-ish, they're the automated ones.

I had an email stating an estimated building date of today and then got another over the weekend stating it would be Friday.
I have pre-ordered the Rog Strix 3080.

Not sure if the emails are automated and I'm just getting my hopes up?
Yeah I've not had any automated ones for a few weeks then got one randomly other day statng tuesday would be the built date but kinda took it with a pinch of salt so spoke to pcs said there just waiting on the 3080 everything else is good to go , and I see some people are having there builds progress but all seem to be normal 3080s just wondering if any one with a rog strix has either received or going into building

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I completely get their decision and I'm ok with it. I'm just a tad frustrated that 3 different PCS support staff have told me exactly the same thing regarding my order and that hasn't happened. But at the end of the day you're right. There are far more things to worry about in the world aha. Changed my case to the Fractal Design 7 in the meantime.
Swapped to the Fractal Design 7 now too. God I hope this sorts it. Sucks losing the aesthetics of the other case though.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
It's definitely good to see the queue moving a little bit, hopefully a November delivery is not unrealistic to hope for (ordered on the 17th close to 11PM).

I don't know how reliable UserBenchmark is, but 3080 is just so much better than my current graphics card in every way. I hope dropping below 30FPS just because I'm in a forest will become a thing of the past soon.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's definitely good to see the queue moving a little bit, hopefully a November delivery is not unrealistic to hope for (ordered on the 17th close to 11PM).

I don't know how reliable UserBenchmark is, but 3080 is just so much better than my current graphics card in every way. I hope dropping below 30FPS just because I'm in a forest will become a thing of the past soon.
It’s night and day between those GPUs, you’ll be utterly astounded!

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
I completely get their decision and I'm ok with it. I'm just a tad frustrated that 3 different PCS support staff have told me exactly the same thing regarding my order and that hasn't happened. But at the end of the day you're right. There are far more things to worry about in the world aha. Changed my case to the Fractal Design 7 in the meantime.
Just got the "being built" email! Far too excited

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've been keeping an eye on this website: https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx3080/
I'm yet to see anyone report has having stock and any on eBay are being scalped, its disgusting.
This scalping thing really needs to get under control, I think the only way is to make some kind of law around it like they did with theater tickets. It's just gotten crazy.

If marketplaces were to set restrictions around the prices brand new products could be listed at, it would go a long way toward reducing the issue.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Over in the US, nVidia actually handed over ALL SALES of their own founders edition cards to BestBuy because they couldn't control the bot purchases.

It's possible they're going to follow suit in europe too.

hobnobs

Gold Level Poster
Over in the US, nVidia actually handed over ALL SALES of their own founders edition cards to BestBuy because they couldn't control the bot purchases.

They already have. Scan are now the official distributer for the founders edition cards. They had a load on sale last week Monday

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

The more this whole launch goes on, I can't help thinking that Nvidia really have messed it up BIG time. I'm aware of the rumours that they're sitting on huge stock to be launched the same week that AMD launch Big Navi, but I'm not sure how true that is. It feels like one big open goal for AMD here.
I’m gonna have to be pretty quick off the mark on Thursday, aren’t I?
You probably need to be so quick off the mark that you've already got one... ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They already have. Scan are now the official distributer for the founders edition cards. They had a load on sale last week Monday
Oh really? Think it was inevitable.

Scan are a tech sales site like overclockers or ebuyer

Their after sales support isn’t as good as other places.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
The more this whole launch goes on, I can't help thinking that Nvidia really have messed it up BIG time. I'm aware of the rumours that they're sitting on huge stock to be launched the same week that AMD launch Big Navi, but I'm not sure how true that is. It feels like one big open goal for AMD here.

You probably need to be so quick off the mark that you've already got one... ;)
As much as I HATE nvidia for the last couple months I would absolutely love if they had this rumoured stock