RTX 3080

Jediwhat

Hey guys,

Been reading all the messages on here since December and never thought to write on here because didn't want to bring more negative energy.

But I'm happy to say I just got into building after 91 days . It was a long road going through all types of emotions as well as all my friends making fun of me.

I'm mac guy moving to windows finally

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 14.21.40.png

Quagga

So because I will be emigrating in a few weeks, I finally gave PCS a call today to see if I should just cancel.

And interestingly they said the stock for my order had literally been picked 15 mins earlier and i should get my PC by the end of the week. The order page still says pre-production despite repeated F5, so i'm not holding my breath just yet, but it was a very nice surprise.

And for those who care - it was one of those rainbow coloured unicorn orders i.e. a 5900, 3080 ordered 5th Nov (92 working days)

6 hours of hitting refresh later - I now truly believe

1615820193284.png

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Well, it doesn't look like good news from Nvidia around stock position improvements. TSMC are expanding their plant but it is likely that will be for car chips only, this will also take time to come online. The good news is that it is unlikely to get worse but with most providers only getting 20 cards per month per country, the wait is real.

Reports that it will be tough in H1 if not for the rest of the year (even with the Samsung plant). So I wouldn't hold out for an a massive improvement of the current wait times. :(
This just makes matters worse for me, twenty cards a month? And a backlog of 1600 minimum orders? :(

Seriously time to throw in the towel.

Quagga

This just makes matters worse for me, twenty cards a month? And a backlog of 1600 minimum orders? :(

Seriously time to throw in the towel.
The guy I spoke to at PCS today was suggesting end-April for things to potentially ease.

What is clear though is PCS got a good number of 3080s at the end of last week. There's 5-10 people posted in this thread (plus the silent others), plus they're now working on the big lump of orders that came in when the AMD chips dropped.

I'm not sure where you got your 1600 number from but I wouldn't give up hope now

GreyDog

I also would not take that 20 cards a month info as gospel, I am sure PCS are busting their butts to secure as much as they can

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
The guy I spoke to at PCS today was suggesting end-April for things to potentially ease.

What is clear though is PCS got a good number of 3080s at the end of last week. There's 5-10 people posted in this thread (plus the silent others), plus they're now working on the big lump of orders that came in when the AMD chips dropped.

I'm not sure where you got your 1600 number from but I wouldn't give up hope now
Earlier in the thread; there was about 1592 outsanding orders at that stage.

RobV

Finally awaiting dispatch.. Its been a journey at 92 working days. I can finally put my 5 year old sli 980ti's and i7-5930k to rest. 3080 and 5950x here I come 🙌
Fantastic news, it's always great to see that things are moving in the right direction.

I'm on day 9 with a 5800x & 3080 combo so I'm hoping to have it within the next 2-3 months 🙈.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Fantastic news, it's always great to see that things are moving in the right direction.

I'm on day 9 with a 5800x & 3080 combo so I'm hoping to have it within the next 2-3 months 🙈.
Add another 3 to 4 months onto that and you may be in the same ball park.

sfeeju

just to let anyone on around 90 days know......the end is in sight. 89 days for me and woke up to 2 emails saying it's being built and now it's in testing.
ordered a 3080 and 3900x on Nov 11 and changed CPU to 5900x on Dec 10th

Thanks to all contributors on the forum who have kept me sane by providing their own updates.