RTX 3080

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
1616227187146.png

My day has finally come ...........!

PCS has laid down a challenging gauntlet for you @AgentCooper, time for some cake :cool:

3080 / x5800

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
View attachment 23923

My day has finally come ...........!

PCS has laid down a challenging gauntlet for you @AgentCooper, time for some cake :cool:

3080 / x5800
I don’t normally do cakes on dates like that, I like a nice round number. But seeing as you’ve been a good sport (incredibly patient and not thrown your toys out the pram, good on you 👍) throughout all this...

CB534EAF-5511-46DD-AE43-C5D9C9F863F7.jpeg

TheOrangeSwift

Howdy all,

Been lurking on this thread for a longgggg time now, very happy to see loads of you finally getting some progress on your builds! I'm ready to purchase a system with a 3080, but have been waiting to preorder as I'd rather have the money sat in my bank whilst everything is so rocky.

What'd be your best estimates on completion time from ordering now?

kitltd

Howdy all,

Been lurking on this thread for a longgggg time now, very happy to see loads of you finally getting some progress on your builds! I'm ready to purchase a system with a 3080, but have been waiting to preorder as I'd rather have the money sat in my bank whilst everything is so rocky.

What'd be your best estimates on completion time from ordering now?
My estimate would be August; July if you're lucky. The queue and demand aren't going down as new orders are put in everyday, it's better to just get in the queue asap. Dec orders are looking like they'll hit completion in late April/Early May so I'd expect at least a 4-5 month wait.

I see a national outlet (not sure if I am allowed to say the name) are offering a pre-built 3900X with a 3080 delivered in 5 days, do we think more cards are coming? first pre-built I have seen with the 3080 available

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Well it's all been a bit of a kerfuffle at the last hurdle, with an out-of-stock case, which I've now had to order from elsewhere and send to PCS (arriving tomorrow)
But according to the guy on the phone, if they receive my case tomorrow then I should have my new PC this week!
90 days, std 3080 and 5600x (switched from 5800x)

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
I'm 80 working days tomorrow and hoping the case I selected (COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE H500 ARGB GAMING CASE) doesn't become an issue but suppose I'll learn soon enough. I also ordered the standard 3080 with a 5600X. Actually kind of hoping it doesn't go into build before the end of the month haha waiting on pay day to upgrade the storage a bit 😁

Rclark17

Hey fellas,
Waiting on a build with an i7 10700k and standard 3080, ordered on November 19th and currently on 87 working days, I’m hoping that I get that ‘in building’ email in the next few weeks!

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Hey fellas,
Waiting on a build with an i7 10700k and standard 3080, ordered on November 19th and currently on 87 working days, I’m hoping that I get that ‘in building’ email in the next few weeks
Will you let us know if it does please? Will give me an indication for mine, I know it's not apples to apples exactly but I'm assuming it's the 3080 that's the main part they're waiting on.

Rclark17

Will you let us know if it does please? Will give me an indication for mine, I know it's not apples to apples exactly but I'm assuming it's the 3080 that's the main part they're waiting on.
Yeah of course man :D every time I spoke to them they said that they have all of my parts already apart from the graphics card. I’m hoping that I get the zotac AMP holo card as it’s the cleanest looking, not too keen on the palit ones but a 3080 is a 3080 at the end of the day 😀

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah of course man :D every time I spoke to them they said that they have all of my parts already apart from the graphics card. I’m hoping that I get the zotac AMP holo card as it’s the cleanest looking, not too keen on the palit ones but a 3080 is a 3080 at the end of the day 😀
It definitely looks good. I've not tried to pick apart the temps and performances of each card if I'm honest, purely because I'm coming from the experience of a 1080Ti from back in the day, so even the lower performers are still going to blow my mind haha

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
Dammit you are ahead of me by a couple of days...

20-10-2020 In Building 109 working days
I'm in testing now :cool:

Prob worth a call to make sure they are not waiting on something that can be changed easily, I'd have been waiting until the 20th May on a case if I hadn't called to check up on my order. Only 10 minutes wait time which was very decent.

Rclark17

I'm in testing now :cool:

Prob worth a call to make sure they are not waiting on something that can be changed easily, I'd have been waiting until the 20th May on a case if I hadn't called to check up on my order. Only 10 minutes wait time which was very decent.
Did you go for the strix 3080? How come others are getting theirs on day 91-95 but you’re on over a 100? :D

Magadeep

Bronze Level Poster
After seeing all these messages of people going into building at around the 90 day mark I thought my time was near! Original order placed 18/11 and sitting on 88 days in pre-prod. I thought I'd check in with the chat team as I'd changed my case and wasn't sure it was in stock. It seems that I've unfortunately had my expectations all wrong. My original order was for a 6800XT card (also a pre-order card released on 18/11) and after having a few email discussions with the PCS support team and advised that the stock coming in for that particular card was significantly lower than the 3080 and I'd be better off switching to a 3080 as there is a slightly better supply (all be it still very slim) I decided I would switch my order to the 3080. Unfortunately I wasn't made aware that by switching I would effectively be forfeiting my place at the front of the 6800XT queue to join the back of the 3080 queue. So it looks like the reality is my 88 days in pre-prod only equates to about 70 3080 pre-prod days. Guess I'll be sticking around these forums a little longer after all.....

Last edited: