RTX 3080

My 850 has like a whistling sound which is also quite loud when it turns off and turns on at first I was like oh shoot I'm damaging it but after time nothing has happened to it so I've assumed it's fine 😂
I mean performance wise, the machine is a beast! It's like when everything is going full throttle it works flawlessly, but when little power is being drawn the PSU (I think) just emits this reaaaaally high pitched noise and if I'm just casually browsing the web or studying, that is definitely gonna do my head in. I'm still trying to confirm exactly where it's coming from though - either mobo, PSU or GPU but it definitely sounds "lower down" inside the pc. I've googled and seen something called coil whine, I think it's possible anyway

Last edited by a moderator:

GarCul

I mean performance wise, the machine is a beast! It's like when everything is going full throttle it works flawlessly, but when little power is being drawn the PSU (I think) just emits this reaaaaally high pitched noise and if I'm just casually browsing the web or studying, that is definitely gonna do my head in. I'm still trying to confirm exactly where it's coming from though - either mobo, PSU or GPU but it definitely sounds "lower down" inside the pc. I've googled and seen something called coil whine, I think it's possible anyway
Its a beast alright..... put FS2020 on as priority, when I loaded it the first time the recommended settings were all set to Ultra !!!! Never had that in my life..... heaven 🤟🤟🤟

Bren

Its a beast alright..... put FS2020 on as priority, when I loaded it the first time the recommended settings were all set to Ultra !!!! Never had that in my life..... heaven 🤟🤟🤟
I can imagine that was amazing enjoy yourself😍 remember to take breaks😉 that's what I'm looking forward to for hopefully a week or 2 before surgey as I currently rocking a 4gb she does the job on some games don't get me wrong but huge jump from a 4gb to a 3080😂😂

Yeah I can imagine she is a beast hopefully you're enjoying it xD , aww that sucks though mine deffo dosent do anything like that it's just when It gets turned on and off, what psu do you have? As I've got the 850 cosair silent or something like that and once it's done what it's gotta do it seems to go back Into silent mode which is really nice so all I really hear is the fans spinning but if you have headphones in etc you don't really hear it so if it dosent get any better and you're sitting around the 850 mark I would reccomned looking at that psu
Its the corsair 1000W one, checked settings and it's got that silent mode enabled. I think the noise is unintentional, but nothing looks damaged or out of place. My mobo has a single beep when I turn it on too implying either fast start is disabled, no VGA or no keyboard (all seem totally fine, I've stressed it and kept an eye on temps etc.). Why me!!!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Its the corsair 1000W one, checked settings and it's got that silent mode enabled. I think the noise is unintentional, but nothing looks damaged or out of place. My mobo has a single beep when I turn it on too implying either fast start is disabled, no VGA or no keyboard (all seem totally fine, I've stressed it and kept an eye on temps etc.). Why me!!!

Which case do you have? I would recommend starting a new thread describing the issue as best you can. Post up your entire spec so that we can have a think about it.

It will get lost in this thread otherwise :)

As it hit 31 working days I gave them a call to check on everything and my system is just waiting on the card still. Also I did ask about the first come first serve which makes no sense if they don’t have a queue. Basically the guy said that it is all system driven and is FCFS but for the guys on the phone to know the order they would need to get all the details out each day and figure it out themselves (based on updates etc).
This gives me a little more comfort in allocation and will just wait and see now. Hopefully something like this might push PCS to improve that side of the business as although they get great reviews with good seas it doesn’t seem they have the infrastructure for stormy weather.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
My 850 has like a whistling sound which is also quite loud when it turns off and turns on at first I was like oh shoot I'm damaging it but after time nothing has happened to it so I've assumed it's fine 😂

@Bren, I've edited your post, this is a family forum so please refrain from profanity :)

Bren

@Bren, I've edited your post, this is a family forum so please refrain from profanity :)
If I used any I'm so sorry I'll remember that for next time, I've deleted them anyway so saves you from editing them you can just delete them as this wasn't the place for it anyway just wanted to help him quickly:)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If I used any I'm so sorry I'll remember that for next time, I've deleted them anyway so saves you from editing them you can just delete them as this wasn't the place for it anyway just wanted to help him quickly:)

No worries at all, easily done. You don't need to delete anything though, just a wee edit to remove any freudian slips.

It'll almost certainly be coil whine. Does it almost sound like your ears ringing?

It'll almost certainly be coil whine. Does it almost sound like your ears ringing?
Yea, almost like when you turn your head you can here the points of constructive/destructive interference and it changes in volume. Just happens to be where I have it setup relative to where I sit it's probably as loud as it can be for me!