RTX 3080

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
1st Payday after Xmas and New year?
I’m on day 52 at the moment and I actually think it has flown by! It will be here before I know it. I think maybe being able to see what is happening and other people are in the same boat on here makes it a bit more bearable.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
View attachment 27115

100 day lurker just surfacing for cake @AgentCooper
79BB7B8F-69FF-4084-A7E2-D9822F8EEEC9.jpeg

Elhan

Bronze Level Poster
I might join this waiting list depending on whether the G9 comes down enough in price come prime day. :D Seen that the 3080 fluctuates quite a bit in price so I am keeping an eye on it.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
...As long as you dust regularly, you have my blessing.

@AgentCooper remind to never post a picture of my current pcs computer interior or the cabling behind it 😛 it's not as bad as this tho..
sshot508026f7ab35e.jpg
if you need an ibuprofen/paracetamol to quell the headache, just ask... I have plenty to hand :p
Day 75 for me and beginning to pine a bit now

Only 2 days behind you and the same feeling.. 😁
Especially as I've gotten fallout 4 on the pc via Xbox ultimate and it's showing weird colouring on the black loading screens 🤔 I don't think my current graphic card likes the game much despite the graphic configuration thingy setting the visual quality to ultra...

Last edited:

rouchie

Rising Star
@AgentCooper remind to never post a picture of my current pcs computer interior or the cabling behind it 😛 it's not as bad as this tho..
View attachment 27199 if you need an ibuprofen/paracetamol to quell the headache, just ask... I have plenty to hand :p

Only 2 days behind you and the same feeling.. 😁
Especially as I've gotten fallout 4 on the pc via Xbox ultimate and it's showing weird colouring on the black loading screens 🤔 I don't think my current graphic card likes the game much despite the graphic configuration thingy setting the visual quality to ultra...
What you struggling by on atm? Mine is a 970 GTX with an i7-4790K CPU

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
What you struggling by on atm? Mine is a 970 GTX with an i7-4790K CPU
Currently running a GTX 1060 3GB WITH an i5-6600 CPU. I ordered my current computer from pcs 5 years ago... it's done very well so far but I decided to use some of my redundancy money to treat myself to a new computer.. really had to resist the temptation to get a top of the range computer and limit my budget to £2000.. had some help from @SpyderTracks in that after ordering the "wrong specs" 😊

Last edited:

rouchie

Rising Star
For anyone that was considering moving to the 3080TI but were put off by the huge pricetag, I noticed this morning that the pricing differential has narrowed considerably! When I was looking the other week it was just short of £600 to "upgrade" from the 3080 but on looking this morning it is now £360 inc VAT

Spartan

For anyone that was considering moving to the 3080TI but were put off by the huge pricetag, I noticed this morning that the pricing differential has narrowed considerably! When I was looking the other week it was just short of £600 to "upgrade" from the 3080 but on looking this morning it is now £360 inc VAT
Oh nice, is that the standard 3080 ti (zotac/ palit) or the Asus Strix one?

Last edited:

Dammam2001

Hi, im on 106 pre production for the 3080. I thought that i would go into build around now. Is this normal???
102 days and into build and testing today...

It will soon happen !

I had the end of this week mentally bookmarked for me to start getting excited

SpeedyRoberto

Hi, im on 106 pre production for the 3080. I thought that i would go into build around now. Is this normal???
Stay strong buddy, let us know when ya go into building. Has got to be soon! We had a few pre100's. I was getting hopeful, but that seems to be a very elite club....we call them 'no-cakers'.
Day 72, my GTX970 is starting to struggle.