RTX 3080

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just get your wives into gaming, ladies enjoy it too! I spent over 3k on a build and 800 on a monitor... Went with ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ and stock for these is no better than the 3080, mine is apparently due on the 18th of January.
I'm ever so slightly in love with that monitor - managed to get myself one in September. :love:

kozuki

Enthusiast
I actually saved on the monitor by getting a xiaomi mi monitor, 34in, 3440x1440, 144hz, no gsync, but it is still damn good for its price, good colours, no ghosting or other issues, bezels are super small too, minimalistic design. Will hopefully finally get to use it fully soon!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I actually saved on the monitor by getting a xiaomi mi monitor, 34in, 3440x1440, 144hz, no gsync, but it is still damn good for its price, good colours, no ghosting or other issues, bezels are super small too, minimalistic design. Will hopefully finally get to use it fully soon!
I've heard exceptional things about that monitor, good choice!

It does have freesync as well so has full refresh synchronisation.

I'm not entirely sure if this is still relevant with Freesync 2, but if you have problems enabling freesync on an nvidia card, there's a guide here:

Last edited:

Crichton_123

Ooooo this is tempting. No longer needing to go to town on 4K 144hz now I have the 3070.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
Speak for yourself... a good bit of tech gives me far more love than any human being :love:
Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'Sticky keys' :ROFLMAO:

Ooooo this is tempting. No longer needing to go to town on 4K 144hz now I have the 3070.

I'm awaiting my build and will be trying out the HP Omen X27 if you fancy 1440p 240hz, sometimes you can find good deals on these monitors

MattN

Hi all, Sorry to interrupt the monitor discussion but I thought I would give some information about my build, it might be of interest to someone moving forward.

I have been waiting since 2:22 PM on Septemberfor 17th for my Sons PC build that I got him for Christmas. We have been waiting for the Asus Stix 3080 and yesterday we got an email to say it was entering building stage, I was shocked not only because I thought I would be waiting at least to the end of the month but also because the PC case we picked has been out of stock for the past week so PCS either have just taken new stock and not updated their site yet, or some items do get put away for upcoming builds (I have no idea).

The PC had been in "build" for not even 1 day and we have already received another email saying the PC has been built, checked and tested and is now ready to be dispatched this coming Monday. I honestly thought that part of the process would take another couple of weeks to be honest.

It has been a tough wait, but boy is it a great feeling when it all happens. Makes it all worth it.

I hope everyone is getting luck with their builds as well.

As you were gentlemen.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Once you get into the build stage it'll normally rattle through the stages :D

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hi all, Sorry to interrupt the monitor discussion but I thought I would give some information about my build, it might be of interest to someone moving forward.

I have been waiting since 2:22 PM on Septemberfor 17th for my Sons PC build that I got him for Christmas. We have been waiting for the Asus Stix 3080 and yesterday we got an email to say it was entering building stage, I was shocked not only because I thought I would be waiting at least to the end of the month but also because the PC case we picked has been out of stock for the past week so PCS either have just taken new stock and not updated their site yet, or some items do get put away for upcoming builds (I have no idea).

The PC had been in "build" for not even 1 day and we have already received another email saying the PC has been built, checked and tested and is now ready to be dispatched this coming Monday. I honestly thought that part of the process would take another couple of weeks to be honest.

It has been a tough wait, but boy is it a great feeling when it all happens. Makes it all worth it.

As you were gentlemen.
Building a PC is only a couple of hours work, and testing, QA and preparing for dispatch are pretty quick too. Dispatched on Monday and delivery probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Your son will be made up with it once he gets it I'm sure!

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Really? What's wrong with it? Did it fail?
Waiting on the 3080 I have been told. Not sure what has actually been built yet, I did ask on Tuesday but haven't got a reply yet. It's a liquid series so perhaps they did some work on it ready for the 3080 but not sure what, that's why I've asked the question

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Is it actually showing in building on your account? That's really unusual.

JPM

As you were gentlemen.
Congrats on your build mate, I'm sure your son will have a fantastic xmas :)

Seems a bit unusual though on PCS' part as I put my order through on 10/09/20 for the same card (was originally 'awaiting gpu launch' and changed on the release date) but yet I've seen a couple of other people get their orders before me. Hard to understand how they are prioritising builds atm. Guess I'll be ringing them next week.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Congrats on your build mate, I'm sure your son will have a fantastic xmas :)

Seems a bit unusual though on PCS' part as I put my order through on 10/09/20 for the same card (was originally 'awaiting gpu launch' and changed on the release date) but yet I've seen a couple of other people get their orders before me. Hard to understand how they are prioritising builds atm. Guess I'll be ringing them next week.
What time did you change it on release day? The fact you ordered it previously doesn't affect what position you are in the 3080 queue.

JPM

What time did you change it on release day? The fact you ordered it previously doesn't affect what position you are in the 3080 queue.
I can't remember the exact time I changed it, though it was after a discussion with the customer service team who assured me it didn't matter as the order date would take precedent. Whilst I completley understand the current situation, some of the information I've had from the team has been inconsistent at best, so you could likley be right with the timings.

kozuki

Enthusiast
I've heard exceptional things about that monitor, good choice!

It does have freesync as well so has full refresh synchronisation.

I'm not entirely sure if this is still relevant with Freesync 2, but if you have problems enabling freesync on an nvidia card, there's a guide here:

Yes, considering it costs 2-3 times less than other similar spec monitors, it's a damn steal! I've been using it since late spring connected to my laptop, so I can't really use the full 144hz because it only runs on a 4GB 1050Ti, but I'll bookmark that guide and maybe try it with the new rig!

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Is it actually showing in building on your account? That's really unusual.
Yes into went into building on the 13th October, even says the persons name who worked on it. I asked about it and they just said it was because of the 3080 being out of stock and no idea when my build will be completed.
I'm not actually in a massive rush for it and asked if swapping to the new AMD cards on the 18th may speed up the build but they said no idea basically.
After that I asked what had actually had been built (like you say, seems strange it went into build all that time ago) what parts are currently out of stock maybe on my build so I can make plans nearer the the 18th about maybe swapping to the AMD cards.
But no reply yet from Tuesday. Probably have to ring if no reply soon