RTX 3080

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I just want to state again that I'm fully aware this isn't really PCS fault but they could be doing something to alleviate customers frustrations.

What also doesn't help is that the staff are not singing off the same hym sheet. I'd rather that they all come up with what their going to tell customers and all stick to that same version. Yet another way of not frustrating customers.

Well I've said my bit for today. No point to realy harp on as it doesn't get my build or anyone else's build sooner. Bid you gooday @everyone.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
One more thing.

For those intrested in AMD products. Heres what they are doing to not have a launch like NVidea's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-160929_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-160929_YouTube.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20201021-160935_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-160935_YouTube.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 232

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm on 35 days now and I'm sure there are a couple over or quite near. Granted that I placed my order before the 17th but that doesnt change how many days I've been waiting thats not how logistics works. Also nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say that days are subtracted if you change/add something to your order.

I agree it be hard to give a date. But not hard to say your this number for nxt build or 3080 then say how much stock you have received for that week. That way I know yes my order is being prioritised. Yes my build is still not built but I can see my queue number has gone down relative to the stock that they just got in.

Sorry if I come across rude I don't mean to.

However yes nvidea is wholly do blame. However I feel PCS is doing their customers a disservice not being transparent.

It could be that people are just lying and saying they got their builds even though they put their order in like 'yesterday' but again transparency would solve this.

In that case you will find that your order is prioritised. I would also guess that there are 100s of orders even in the prioritised queue because of the lengthy delays. That being said, I'm not convinced that the clock should start before the release of something. The clock should start from when it's actually available as the days before would be an unfair penalty. Don't know if the Ts&Cs would cover this sort of scenario though.

My guess is there are multiple queues. You could consider where you are in the queue for the 3080, but I don't think it would make any real odds given the unknowns with everything else. Transparency is an easy word to throw around but without having an actual understanding of how the queue works, I think queue placement would only add to more confusion. For example if I was 10th in the queue and you found that you were 15th, only for your system to go into building before mine..... I would feel irked. There would be good reasoning and logic behind this, it's not favouritism, so it's best just to assume positive intent like I said.

Looks like AMD are certainly posturing for a better showing of it all :)

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
I've seen a few people getting rattled now about their position in the 'queue', and why other people are getting their orders first. There is no queue. Not in the sense that if you're 50th in the queue, when fifty 3080 cards come in, you're getting the last one. That's not how it works, mainly due to the reasons that Scott has outlined in this thread already.

Everyone is assigned a number that, and I quote from an email received from PCS this week, "bares no relevance to your position in line waiting for this specific card".

It goes on to say "this is more of a value that allows us to estimate when your system might be ready in that respect".

For what it's worth, I ordered my rig (including a 3080) at 2:39 on 17th (release day) and the estimate - ESTIMATE - for delivery is the end of next week.

My advice for anyone with frustrations is to email PCS, but don't go in all guns blazing, actually talk to them. You might just get the information you require.

Crizzy G

Gold Level Poster
I've seen a few people getting rattled now about their position in the 'queue', and why other people are getting their orders first. There is no queue. Not in the sense that if you're 50th in the queue, when fifty 3080 cards come in, you're getting the last one. That's not how it works, mainly due to the reasons that Scott has outlined in this thread already.

Everyone is assigned a number that, and I quote from an email received from PCS this week, "bares no relevance to your position in line waiting for this specific card".

It goes on to say "this is more of a value that allows us to estimate when your system might be ready in that respect".

For what it's worth, I ordered my rig (including a 3080) at 2:39 on 17th (release day) and the estimate - ESTIMATE - for delivery is the end of next week.

My advice for anyone with frustrations is to email PCS, but don't go in all guns blazing, actually talk to them. You might just get the information you require.
With all due respect and please do not take this the wrong way, but that is part of the problem and why people are getting frustrated. People are ringing PCS and being told different things. I can say for myself I have been in touch with PCS regarding requests to hold my order, 3080, cooler and on those calls (and emails). I've been told different things each contradicting each other.

What you have stated about the "queue" i could ring up PCS and they will prob tell me 'no it doesn't work that way it works this way' depending on who you speak to.

Hence my whole argument about transparency.

Last edited:

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
With all due respect and please do not take this the wrong way, but that is part of the problem and why people are getting frustrated. People are ringing PCS and being told different things. I can say for myself I have been in touch with PCS regarding requests to hold my order, 3080, cooler and on those calls (and emails). I've been told different things each contradicting each other.

What you have stated about the "queue" i could ring up PCS and they will prob tell me 'no it doesn't work that way it works this way' depending on who you speak to.

Hence my whole argument about transparency.
100% this. Rang them twice, emailed twice since launch. Have received 3 varying responses contradicting each other.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
Speaking about communication, do you still receive these automated emails alongside the regular ones with estimated build date? I don't seem to receive them any more despite still waiting for the 3080, and I'm wondering whether they just stopped sending them. And incidentally, it'd probably be beneficial for them to change the estimated date emails to say that the date is unknown if the order contains an item with no delivery ETA, as then it wouldn't cause misinformation (especially if they really did stop sending the ones telling you to ignore it and it's not just me).
I asked in the chat last week whether I should ignore the estimated date emails and was told that if I have the 3080 in my order then I should ignore them, but I think I will ask for more details about my order.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
No, I don't receive those ones anymore, just the usual automated ones with build dates. Until they send me something about it being in building, I'll carry on ignoring all of them!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Imagine two people, let's call them Bill and Ted. Both ordered the same build on the same day.

Bill constantly calls PCS and rails because he's given conflicting information each time he calls. He gets himself all worked up insisting that he needs to know where he is in the queue. Bill is angry that he's not getting the customer service he thinks he should be.

Ted appreciates that these are extraordinary times and that there is a huge demand for the parts he's ordered. He's not happy that he has to wait so long but realises that his PC will be built as fast as it can be. Ted has no need of customer service because he knows things are moving as fast as they can and that there is nothing he can do to make them move any faster.

Bill and Ted's PCs are built and shipped on the same day.

Godders

Imagine two people, let's call them Bill and Ted. Both ordered the same build on the same day.

Bill constantly calls PCS and rails because he's given conflicting information each time he calls. He gets himself all worked up insisting that he needs to know where he is in the queue. Bill is angry that he's not getting the customer service he thinks he should be.

Ted appreciates that these are extraordinary times and that there is a huge demand for the parts he's ordered. He's not happy that he has to wait so long but realises that his PC will be built as fast as it can be. Ted has no need of customer service because he knows things are moving as fast as they can and that there is nothing he can do to make them move any faster.

This^

We're all in an extremely similar situation. We just have to wait...

Ted is patient, Ted understands. Be like Ted.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam

Like those two most excellent individuals, I wish I had a time machine and could skip the next month or so to the point where I've got my 5900X CPU, 3080 or 6800XT GPU build.

Of course, those two dudes gave me one of my life mottos...

4f9f7df63e1cda2b39416f4728e11ed4.gif

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

5CF7C839-5829-4B7D-8EF2-6C4FBB96977B.gif

MartyF

Will be interesting to see what AMD come up with for GPU's next week. Depending on stock it could be an AMD CPU and GPU for the first time ever for me.