RTX 3080

ThatGuy11200

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
The ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ. The XG27VQ is compatible with both. It's an easy mistake to make for someone a bit dozy like myself! :LOL:
I ordered XG27UQ last weekend as it showed on Scan they were going to have some due today, however it changed now to the 18th of January... If nothing changes until the end of November and there are some in stock elsewhere I might cancel and buy from a different site, however on the other hand I'm not in a rush with it (getting my PC will be a huge improvement even with my current monitor as 1080p 60FPS is a lot better than 1080p 20-40FPS crawl), and I'll get to experience a huge improvement twice (second time from 1080p 60Hz to 4k 144Hz). I also like the comfort of a pre-order — it'll get there eventually and I don't need to perform extensive F5 mashing to check for stock. What conviced me to that monitor over the competing LG is that apparently the Asus one has good minimum brightness and the LG one is too bright, if the reviews are anything to go by. Not what most people look for when buying a monitor but perhaps it will be useful for someone.

When I originally spoke to PCS and was told the card shouldn’t be more than 4 weeks (obviously they know now it’s not the case) I ordered this to go with it ASUS ROG STRIX CURVED XG32VQR, 32 inch WQHD 144hz.

so it’s currently attached to my old pc which is now struggling due to the size increase over my old one.
Really didn’t fancy a super wide due to cost and I’m just not a fan so I think that should eventually get enough out of the new card :)

masouth

Just got a text and email that the order has been dispatched. Been given a DPD consignment number. Once they get through pre-production they dont mess around getting it built and dispatched !!
when did you place your order if you dont mind me asking?

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Mine just went into building. Delighted. Just an FYI, it would have been done sooner but my case was out of stock (which I didnt know). So worth checking with PCS if you are waiting on any components and are willing to change to speed things up.

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster
It’s a gsync compatible monitor which is freesync so will work with either card:

I've ordered this, I did google first and PCS was actually the cheapest place for it.
1603808489615.png

Why do ASUS name their monitors so similarly though, it's really confusing.

It says it is GSYNC Compatible but I was led to believe that a monitor cannot be both gsync and freesync as they are different technologies.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've ordered this, I did google first and PCS was actually the cheapest place for it.
View attachment 19265

Why do ASUS name their monitors so similarly though, it's really confusing.

It says it is GSYNC Compatible but I was led to believe that a monitor cannot be both gsync and freesync as they are different technologies.
That’s a different monitor, that’s the 279q which is a very top tier 1440p monitor. The other is a high end 4k monitor, very different beasts.

Gsync compatible is a term given to feeesync screens which have been tested by nvidia for compatibility with nvidia cards to a level that nvidia deem as good as if it were full GSync.

Any freesync monitor (which is AMD’s technology) will work with any GPU.

It’s only actual GSync screens that will only work with nvidia cards.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
That’s a different monitor, that’s the 279q which is a very top tier 1440p monitor. The other is a high end 4k monitor, very different beasts.

Gsync compatible is a term given to feeesync screens which have been tested by nvidia for compatibility with nvidia cards to a level that nvidia deem as good as if it were full GSync.

Do PCS sell monitors solo or only with builds?

Mask3d

Silver Level Poster

Good to know.. I have been looking into monitors but was told that 4k wasn't quite worth it, I mainly play FPS games and from my research it seems 1440p and 144hz is the sweetspot.. either way I'm currently running three ACER 60hz on an arm mount side by side so I reckon the bigger/faster responding screen will be a huge difference, just hope the monitor fits into my mount (it should be vesa compatible).

Do PCS sell monitors solo or only with builds?

I've not seen them for sale separately, for parts I believe you need to purchase as an 'upgrade' for an existing unit.

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
Good to know.. I have been looking into monitors but was told that 4k wasn't quite worth it, I mainly play FPS games and from my research it seems 1440p and 144hz is the sweetspot.. either way I'm currently running three ACER 60hz on an arm mount side by side so I reckon the bigger/faster responding screen will be a huge difference, just hope the monitor fits into my mount (it should be vesa compatible).

I've not seen them for sale separately, for parts I believe you need to purchase as an 'upgrade' for an existing unit.
Where is the upgrade option on the site? Or is it something you choose from your order screen?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll wait a bit since this rig already broke the bank :)
Yeah, I feel ya, just received a new amplifier for my analogue system.... mix of excitement and a kind of "what have I done" when I look at my bank balance :ROFLMAO: It's all worth it in the end though!

masouth

Just call them and pay for the part individually over the phone.