RTX 3080

owainkell

hey all i ordered a PC with the 3080 on release, i expected delays from the whole just didnt expect it to be this long. its hit its 31st day in pre production, and a month a half since ordering (around about). is anyone else in the same stage? is this normal? bought this PC to help with uni so it is needed. thank you for reading :)

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Judging solely on what I've read on this forum, and with no inside information, I'd say you'll be waiting a fair while longer in that case. PCS seem to have got round to people that ordered before 2:10 on release day (with a few exceptions).

PC arrived. Box had very little padding so bit of damage. Hoping it’s all ok to run
My box was half open, heard a thud outside as the dpd driver placed it down (either that or he hit my door). The box of spare parts was also open inside with half the stuff spilling out. Fortunately, I can't see any signs of damage but I definitely wasn't impressed!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
My box was half open, heard a thud outside as the dpd driver placed it down (either that or he hit my door). The box of spare parts was also open inside with half the stuff spilling out. Fortunately, I can't see any signs of damage but I definitely wasn't impressed!
I hope you took lots of photos of the damage? Send them to PCS with a complaint. Unless they have evidence of DPD damaging packages they can't do anything about it.

I hope you took lots of photos of the damage? Send them to PCS with a complaint. Unless they have evidence of DPD damaging packages they can't do anything about it.
DPD had even taken a photo of the box at my door with it half open so that will always help too. Doesn't help I'm from Scotland which means the weather at the time was, of course, heavy rain. But again, performance works as intended and no bumps or scratches. But yea, I'll definitely be feeding it back

GarCul

Thats bad form. Could definitely do with a couple of fragile stickers on the box. Mine was fine and can't complain but was just a plain box, potentially could have been thrown around the place, a fragile sticker "may" encourage the courier to take more care

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I will definitely post when mine goes into build, I ordered near 11PM on the 17th so I doubt there are many orders from that date after me. I think it'll be a fair assumption that they're nearly done with orders from the 17th when I get mine. I'll probably swap the CPU on the 5th though so that can also affect things (no idea what AMD stock situation will be).