RTX 3080

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
I basically just spammed live chat until I got put into a queue for that, and I used the inbox within the account selecting "amend an order" when messaging them, got a response 1 working day later, I could see it was quite simplified and rushed, but it got me what I needed in the end. Oh and I'm using chrome for the livechat, it somehow disappears when clicked once, so just refresh any page where the bar appears and try again
Been doing that for a week now :((

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
I've paid through finance and was told by PCS that i wouldn't be able to change my platform and CPU without 'reapplying altogether' which would therefore mean joining the back of the queue. I'm not even sure what it would mean with regards to my deposit/contract with Hitachi capital etc.

I had advised i was happy to pay the additional for my amendment's, in any case I'm sticking with what i have now, it is however frustrating you seem to be advised different things depending on who you speak too.
I had the same issue. I was told by two separate people that I’d have to cancel my order with the finance company and then go to the back of the queue for the 3080, which I just wasn’t prepared to do. Maybe I should have locked up more of a fuss rather than just accepting it?

Either way, I’m happy and my build has just been dispatched so will be here tomorrow!!!!

kozuki

Enthusiast
As I said earlier, got my sub-order / amendment today for the change from intel to AMD, and since I have a strix 3080 in my order, I asked them if the architecture swap messes with that, got this answer: "It won't affect your position in the build queue (there is no separate queue for the graphics card)". I paid by card, not by finance. Hopefully that helps if someone else has a similar question in their mind

scarpa1

Enthusiast
I paid by finance but any amendments I made the Debit card PCS had on file was used , I think this was from a deposit maybe, can't remember. Just had to enter the 3 digit code to pay.

I have made many changes, all online, but have stuck with the same GPU, motherboard, AMD CPU but went from 3900x to 5900x

scarpa1

Enthusiast
damn you guys seem to have no issue with the chat but i have this constant "no operator available" for the past week or so (chrome, firefox, tor, edge, iphone, android.... same everywhere)
And no answer to my email since the 3rd of november....
do you have to subscribe to some premium so the customer support is available ?
I had no problem with live chat but most emails or tech support contact thing took 4 to 5 working days for a reply. Last one I sent on Tuesday 3rd Nov they replied to today so possibly you may get one today too.

Got the email saying my build will be delivered tomorrow, in time for my two week holiday next week. Honestly so glad that it's come in time for it.

If you are still waiting I guess all I can say is the cards apperently exist and aren't just a "Unicorn" so keep digging deep it will be your turn soon.

Jamie1111188

Got the email saying my build will be delivered tomorrow, in time for my two week holiday next week. Honestly so glad that it's come in time for it.

If you are still waiting I guess all I can say is the cards apperently exist and aren't just a "Unicorn" so keep digging deep it will be your turn soon.
Haha me too! On holiday starting next week

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
So guys, i downgraded from 3090 to strix 3080 because the support (via email) advised that the 3090 is not faster to get than the 3080...
And 700eur for 15% better stats wasnt a big turn on for me.
(im getting really impatient, but overall frustrated at how bad pcs is for communication.)
really hoping to have this built before cyberpunk cause my potato laptop (i7 6700k and 1070) will just melt otherwise :/

Jamie1111188

So guys, i downgraded from 3090 to strix 3080 because the support (via email) advised that the 3090 is not faster to get than the 3080...
And 700eur for 15% better stats wasnt a big turn on for me.
(im getting really impatient, but overall frustrated at how bad pcs is for communication.)
really hoping to have this built before cyberpunk cause my potato laptop (i7 6700k and 1070) will just melt otherwise :/
Na that run it fine If current consoles can handle it how could u not xD

AlbiGd

Btw you don't need a 3080 to play Cyberpunk. It's not a next gen game, it's going to be released primarily on PS4 and Xbox One.

Recommended requirements:

64-bit Windows 10. DirectX 12 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
RAM: 12 GB
Disk space: 70 GB SSD

Stumpykins

Bronze Level Poster
Btw you don't need a 3080 to play Cyberpunk. It's not a next gen game, it's going to be released primarily on PS4 and Xbox One.

But if you want to play it at 4K max settings , with ray tracing and dlss you do.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster

i just bought this new pc to play cyberpunk and any other game in ultra (finally my own place so i want to get rid of the laptop and have a nice desktop pc)... :)
the pc is more a marker that my laptop-gamer-life is behind me :D