RTX 3080

Hey guys,

So I may have some answers which may be useful to some of you, changing your GPU does not affect your order no at all, you will still have the same order number and when the batch of GPUs come in, it will be given out based on your order no.

What I did was I ordered all the way back in August 2020 with a 1660 super and my build was actually ready but I just switched it to "awaiting GPU" when the new RTX 3000 series were announced I then switched it to a 3080 and I got mine within a couple of days. By ordering in August and switching my GPU, my order no was never affected and since they prioritise by order no it was the reason why I got my PC with a 3080 within a week.

I got the 3080 Palit edition, it is a beast of a card.

I hope you get all your orders soon :)

All the best!

Bob

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks Bob, good to know your queue position is not effected if you change your GPU. I changed my CPU and GPU!

MattF1

Hi, New to the forum. I ordered the ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 back in September and I'm on 42 preproduction days. I know these are low stock pretty much everywhere but I am just wondering whether anyone hear as received an order including one of these cards?

Last edited:

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Ordered my new pc with a 3080 and 5800x last night - I've spent all day staring at the order page.
On the bright side, from what I've read, looks like people here are getting their 3080s a bit faster than other places!

Planettel

I ordered on release day sept 17th a nvidia3080 at 16.00, I then changed to 5900x on release day at 14.00 on the dot
Haven’t heard a jiffy and still in pre production 😬😬 hope I get it before Xmas, when I spoke to customer service 1 week ago they said doubtful

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
I ordered on release day sept 17th a nvidia3080 at 16.00, I then changed to 5900x on release day at 14.00 on the dot
Haven’t heard a jiffy and still in pre production 😬😬 hope I get it before Xmas, when I spoke to customer service 1 week ago they said doubtful
That's weird because I ordered on the 17th at 22:42 and my PC has been in testing since Thursday. I assume it'll be dispatched this week unless there are faulty parts that need to be replaced. Maybe something else in your order is out of stock and delaying it?

Planettel

That's weird because I ordered on the 17th at 22:42 and my PC has been in testing since Thursday. I assume it'll be dispatched this week unless there are faulty parts that need to be replaced. Maybe something else in your order is out of stock and delaying it?
What cpu did you order then ??
I thought maybe was waiting for 5900x

Right, I'm getting really very angry now. Changed my build to items all in stock Friday. No Change. Chatted (Live Chat) with Alice yesterday morning she said she'd speak to production and get it moving, and still no change. They've had thousands of pounds of my money for months now, and I've nothing to show for it. Can Somebody from PCS get in touch and tell me why they think this is OK and when I can expect something in return for my money? I'm starting to consider legal action.

Right, I'm getting really very angry now. Changed my build to items all in stock Friday. No Change. Chatted (Live Chat) with Alice yesterday morning she said she'd speak to production and get it moving, and still no change. They've had thousands of pounds of my money for months now, and I've nothing to show for it. Can Somebody from PCS get in touch and tell me why they think this is OK and when I can expect something in return for my money? I'm starting to consider legal action.
42 working days here feel your pain brother

yossarian01603

Appreciate your frustration - I don't think PCS have done a great job in terms of pro-active communication on the issue, irrespective of the level of information they have to offer. However, this genuinely is an unprecedented situation and as i'm sure you're aware the supply issues themselves are outside of their control. If you are at that level of frustration where you would consider legal action, maybe you should just cancel the order entirely and get your money back? At least that way you won't have to endure the frustration because you're out of that cycle altogether. This situation won't last forever - and you can resume your hunt for a gaming PC when the supply issues are resolved

Zyton

We are all in the same situation at the end of the day if PCS Don't know when or how many cards they are going to get sent they can't tell us when our builds are going to be done. They have made it clear enough that there are no etas and you will get it as soon as they can. If you are that angry about it you can always cancel and go somewhere else. We have all spent thousands and are waiting. PCS haven't deliberately withheld making your pc l. They will make it when they can so I don't see how threatening legal action will change anything haha. Nothing stopping you getting a refund so what would legal action change xD

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Start legal action if you must. The backlog in court cases due to lockdown, etc means I can pretty much guarantee you'll have your PC before your case gets anywhere near court. And you'll still have to pay for the legal advice you've sought. Hardly seems worth it if you ask me. 🤔