RTX 3080

kozuki

Enthusiast
I'm not sure they really turned off all 3000 series automated emails, just got one this morning stating a 27th Nov build date, with a strix 3080 in order

Furgiar

I'm not sure they really turned off all 3000 series automated emails, just got one this morning stating a 27th Nov build date, with a strix 3080 in order
That's oddly specific. The Auto emails tended to be 3 days after their send date. :) Maybe you are in luck :)

btmi

I got one of those too with a 'normal' 3080 and 5900x, ordered on ryzen launch day right around 2pm. Not getting my hopes up haha.

masouth

DISPATCHED!!!

Order 17th September at 14:27.

I ordered only the RTX 3080 unit itself, not a full build.

I phoned up on Friday as others who ordered full builds after me where receiving their orders,

They said that at some point since i ordered PCS had taken decision to prioritize full builds over single component sales orders. I explained that the option to add the RTX 3080 to my own new build was taken away from me on the morning of 17th September, as they sent the build for dispatch, forcing me to order the card on its own later that day, i was assured this order would be treated the same as others by sales rep.

PCS also failed to tell me they were now prioritizing full builds, and instead the customer support for some reason kept saying "next week we think", or end of this month we think", "your 11th in the queue!".

Anyhow, the chap could see what had happened and put a request to procurement team to assign me one, at this point i asked the person who id conversed with on email to speak to the person i spoke with on the phone on Friday gone (who was a senior team leader apparently.) On Monday they emailed me to say they had decided to assign me one "shortly", and ive just been sent a DPD tracking number!

Now i just need to learn how to fit it!

Also Anyone recommend a 32" monitor < £400?

Thanks and Good Luck.

steswa864

Had an automated email today saying expected build 23rd Nov on a 3090 system. That's a bit sooner than the previous auto emails tended to suggest. We'll see. Ordered on 27th Oct.

Elorand

Ordered a 3080FE on the 2nd of October. It has been in building since the 21st. I amended and changed from the 3900x to the 5900x few days ago and today i got an email that it has gone into testing phase. I called PCS a few days ago and after a swift 130 mins waiting on the line I was told that the 5900x has similar waiting times as the 3080 at the moment. Since I have seen many of you waiting longer than I have been I guess the queue for a standard 3080 is shorter than the strix however I am not sure about the cpu. They might have got new stock. Hoping it is not a late April's fools joke and maybe, just maybe I'll get the pc next week..

Fudges

Ordered a 3080FE on the 2nd of October. It has been in building since the 21st. I amended and changed from the 3900x to the 5900x few days ago and today i got an email that it has gone into testing phase. I called PCS a few days ago and after a swift 130 mins waiting on the line I was told that the 5900x has similar waiting times as the 3080 at the moment. Since I have seen many of you waiting longer than I have been I guess the queue for a standard 3080 is shorter than the strix however I am not sure about the cpu. They might have got new stock. Hoping it is not a late April's fools joke and maybe, just maybe I'll get the pc next week..
Wait what??? I ordered standard 3080 on the 20th sept. How can one ordered that long after be ahead in the queue? You must have slipped through the net lol

Elorand

Wait what??? I ordered slandered 3080 on the 20th. How can one ordered that long after be ahead in the queue? You must have slipped through the net lol
Cannot say I have high hopes that I will get it. I ordered the liquid series so they might have a different queue for them..?

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
I got an email yesterday morning saying I have an estimated build date of the 7th December - which is amazing if true, but seems a bit quick?
Are these emails normally particularly accurate or should I just not pay attention to that?
I only ordered on the 15th November, standard 3080.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Those emails are invalid and are just something their system does and does not represent 3080 wait times. We/I got an email around the 15th (13th November) saying they were going to stop automated emails as they are incorrect so as you ordered recently they are probably yet to cancel your automated emails!
Hope was alive for 24 hours :(
I've ordered a new monitor (one of mine was from a prebuilt HP that I got in 2008, with which I had to use an adapter just to plug it in to my current pc) and that should be arriving after the 23rd, so at least I'll have that new toy to keep me going :)

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Having switched to the 6800xt yesterday I received an email saying 30th November for an estimated build. Not sure how accurate that is likely to be given I'm only 9 days from the original order.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I'm going to be ordering a new Monitor, My current PC should be fine to utilise it so it can keep me going until my PC is built :D
I've started getting occasional bluescreens on mine if I spend the day on it, it'll do til I get my build but it's really not ideal.
My mum's dead chuffed cause I'm donating it to her when I get my new one, she's already got my old chair when I upgraded to a fancy SecretLab one.

kozuki

Enthusiast
That's oddly specific. The Auto emails tended to be 3 days after their send date. :) Maybe you are in luck :)
doubt it, it's the early morning email, unless they got loads of strix 3080's delivered and a shipment of 5900X's. Just a bit weird, because the staff member here said they turned off all 3000 series automated emails? unless they didn't, lol

When did you order your strix?
12th of October

scarpa1

Enthusiast
doubt it, it's the early morning email, unless they got loads of strix 3080's delivered and a shipment of 5900X's. Just a bit weird, because the staff member here said they turned off all 3000 series automated emails? unless they didn't, lol

12th of October
My 24th September order with a 3080 Strix went into testing yesterday (liquid series, so its taking longer for tests) Hopefully all is going well but I'm not getting excited until its in the building, my building:giggle:

Would think the Strix queue is shorter than the others so perhaps your build date wont be that far off.

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
(...)

Also Anyone recommend a 32" monitor < £400?

Thanks and Good Luck.
< £400 is not enough for a monitor suitable to pair with the 3080. I had no idea how monitor pairing works, but I learnt that a card's output is tied to resolution and refresh rate, and 3080 is capable of outputting 144Hz at 4k. It will work perfectly fine with anything less than that, but its power (and your money) won't get its maximum potential. Someone more knowledgeable can provide more details. Monitors suitable for 3080 are hard to get though, I ordered ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ (costs £799 + delivery, anything more than that is a scalper's price) back in October and it's apparently due on the 18th of January. I'm fine with that though, as the new PC is going to be a massive improvement even with 1080p 60Hz (actually getting the 60 instead of 20-40, while the numerical difference is not that much, it's about 60 when it actually starts to feel smooth).