RTX 3080

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's here! It arrived right after 7AM (both me and my better half were asleep but I heard the doorbell), which was very unexpected, so now I'm having fun installing Windows updates. But even such basic things like opening folders etc. are so fast compared to my laptop that it's just unbelievable. I had to take a day off as I would not possibly be able to focus on work properly (too excited!), but my manager understands. I may post pictures at the weekend (won't be great though as the PC is in the corner).

The 3080 I got is a Zotac. Everything was well packaged and undamaged. And, most importantly, the PCS book was in there despite the email they were out of stock...
I think this worthy of a thread of its own, Did you get the PCS welcome booklet with your PC....... :ROFLMAO:
If so what edition was it and were all the pages crease free

Voeille

Bronze Level Poster
So I ran Substance Designer and opened one of the materials I made a while ago, and it's incredible. I can finally use the ray tracing preview without it taking ages or crashing. I also made it re-render the massive graph of that material into 8k texture resolution, and it does not hesitate to use the resources... (It also ate about 7GB of the VRAM). It's glorious.
y5TKWIn.png

kiebla

Has anyone had a feature RTX380 been dispatched yet? I'm on 43 days, Since in pre-production & 22-09-2020 Since I started the order.

kiebla

Lots of people have. It’s best to speak with PCS if you think you’re delayed to find out why, don’t assume anything.
I messaged them Once a week since it hit day 15 and stopped 2 weeks ago messaging, as they said there is non in stock each time and can't promise it before Christmas. All I can do is wait a little longer.
1605877345290.png

1605877164093.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I messaged them Once a week since it hit day 15 and stopped 2 weeks ago messaging, as they said there is non in stock each time and can't promise it before Christmas. All I can do is wait a little longer.
View attachment 19767
View attachment 19766
If you changed to a 3000 series GPU, that's the wait time, the previous is irrelevant, it's your place in the 3080 queue that counts as that's the part delaying things.

So you ordered 5 days after release date, they're still serving people from original release date on 17th, so you'll be quite far behind.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
Good summary of nvidia and AMD GPU stock issues:

If AMD don't have good restocking in the next couple of weeks, it's getting very close to the holiday season so they better be on ball to do so.
If not then their launch of gpus could go down worse than Nvidea's.
Currently the AMD launch has been worse in terms of availability, though they didn't have the other companies versions on launch day, which is next week I think?

Been interesting to see how they do over the next few weeks.
Also there are only a couple of weeks at most for these cards to get in actual builds that will be ready for Xmas, so not long to get some supply out.

AlbiGd

Another thing about the monitors, since many don't seem to realize this, you really should have one that matches the resolution you want to play your games. This sounds pretty obvious but some people seems to think that a 4k monitor will be good to play games at 1080p in 3 years. It's not. 1440p is still acceptable kinda, anything worse than that will look extremely blurry. Imo 4k monitors are really useful especially for multiple display setups.

kozuki

Enthusiast
Another thing about the monitors, since many don't seem to realize this, you really should have one that matches the resolution you want to play your games. This sounds pretty obvious but some people seems to think that a 4k monitor will be good to play games at 1080p in 3 years. It's not. 1440p is still acceptable kinda, anything worse than that will look extremely blurry. Imo 4k monitors are really useful especially for multiple display setups.
the people who think 1080p is still relevant, haven't seen a bigger resolution to compare it with :) it's day and night when you see it with your own eyes, like I have a setup with ultrawide 1440p + 2x 1080p, when you drag a 1080p window into the ultrawide, you see how little it actually is

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Whatchatalkingabout...

My 85" 8K OLED upscales my 360p content brilliantly ;)

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
Mate I wish I could still drive my FK2. Pre-ordered it, waited 18 months for it to be released in the UK. Then when the baby came along had to sell it. Worst day of my life! Great eye for motors though.
We never learn, I cancelled my GR Yaris order for the very same reason!

Full time PCS colleague and Part time detailer, equal passion for cars bud.

barlew

Godlike
We never learn, I cancelled my GR Yaris order for the very same reason!

Full time PCS colleague and Part time detailer, equal passion for cars bud.

Haha I love it.
Its the curse of dad life. Now I have to wait 18 years to get another one (assuming the missus doesn't get any more silly ideas).

0-100 in 10 seconds. It will always be my favourite car.

At least i owned it for a few years.

Fortunately I managed to persuade her that a twin turbo Navara was a family car so still have my truck.

Any way we digress...

skril

Bronze Level Poster
Everywhere empty, worst time to.buy anything. Nvidia chief said normal availability february March. Some youtubers think will be summerr or outumn. Personally i hope nooo.