RTX 3080

You speak for yourself, I want mine in cash! [emoji1787]

giphy.gif

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
The XG27UQ is a 144Hz 4k monitor available for under a grand (although the places where you can get them for £800 are often sold out - had to do a lot of checking to get my hands on one from Currys, although Scan list them at that price too) and is pretty good - speaking from my own personal experience.
I preordered mine from Scan... who knows when I'll get it though. It's probably the only thing stopping me from switching to a 3090 GPU to rush my PC. 2020 sucks.

CallMeGoughy

Yeah im only on day 3 and got a really bad feeling its gonna be as high as 6 month wait :/ But nobody can do anything about it apart from Nvidia

Attachments

• 1588949579963832-EW5eCzIWoAInoxz.jpg
    1588949579963832-EW5eCzIWoAInoxz.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 180

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Odd question, but, are AMD Mobo's the only PCIE 4.0 Motherboards out right now? (It's related as 30 series cards are PCIE 4.0)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I actually just looked it up. Gigabyte seems to have done a PCIE 4.0 Mobo for intel ? Or is it a white lie?
That’s interesting! Looks like it may be supported by Gigabyte but they’ve obviously let that slip before any official announcements.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
That’s interesting! Looks like it may be supported by Gigabyte but they’ve obviously let that slip before any official announcements.
Well, I'm not too worried about it anymore as I've checked benchmarks and performance changes between the PCI 3.0 and 4.0 changes. And woo boy is it nearly completely negligible. Although I would like to know if there are any differences when running game engines or 3D modelling tools.

But yeah, apparently the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master has PCIe 4.0

Smqtt

Does anyone know how long it takes for your system to arrive after switching from the 3080 to the 3090 as it’s in stock? (All my other parts are in stock just not the GPU)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Does anyone know how long it takes for your system to arrive after switching from the 3080 to the 3090 as it’s in stock? (All my other parts are in stock just not the GPU)
Only PCS can tell you that, you'll still be in the queue, so depends when you ordered it.

Gavras

Master Poster
Well, I'm not too worried about it anymore as I've checked benchmarks and performance changes between the PCI 3.0 and 4.0 changes. And woo boy is it nearly completely negligible. Although I would like to know if there are any differences when running game engines or 3D modelling tools.

But yeah, apparently the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master has PCIe 4.0
Remember that’s at the moment, also very few benchmark reviews have had things like PCIe motherboard, Zen 3, M.2 at full PCIe 4.0 (in raid), latest AMD GFX card and compared that to an Intel setup.

I watched one review of Samsung 980 Pro’s in raid configuration and for some Apps, it was a big step and a chunk of time taken off processing time.

Also Software is being changed to take advantage of new architecture.

in regards to Motherboards, yes various manufacturers have released new boards, as Intel are due to release their latest CPU in March, this will be 4.0, however it is an interim processor as they are still having big problems getting out of the whole they are in.

Durakus

Bronze Level Poster
Nope, I emailed PCS and all they've really told me is they have a few 3090 cards. I am considering switching still as as my art career was a bit of a paper launch.

Judging by how many 3090's are beginning to stay-in-stock I'm thinking it may not be too long of a turnover anymore. However you have to consider WHY 3090's are beginning to stay in stock.

They're over priced.