RTX 3080

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
1615275882028.png

Big birthday day for me!

Quagga

I suspect there will be several more cakes needed soon.
I'm on 88 days and not holding my breath for a magic intervention in the next 2-3 weeks.

Having said that it does seem that component sellers are starting to have more stock / smaller waiting lists. And whilst i know it won't answer all the questions, I do think it might be helpful for PCS to follow-up their Jan e-mail which mentioned March as a possibility for stock shortages easing with another update. If only to say we've had X deliveries, we still have Y outstanding orders, and it's now looking like June or something.

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
As an aside, with wishful thinking for the future, does anyone know how you find out your PC has gone into building?

Is it an email or do PCS send a singing telegram to your door?

BBroadhurst

As an aside, with wishful thinking for the future, does anyone know how you find out your PC has gone into building?

Is it an email or do PCS send a singing telegram to your door?
I would assume it would be an Email and also your account will be updated ofc.

Scottmask

Silver Level Poster
@BBroadhurst FYI if you change your order you will still retain your position. it's based on the order length not the date you change components.

and in saying this i may change my order and have to depart this lovely thread :(

Last edited:

BBroadhurst

@BBroadhurst FYI if you change your order you will still retain your position. it's based on the order length not the date you change components.

and in saying this i may change my order and have to depart this lovely thread :(
I have spoken to PCS (Only took 15 minutes on hold so not bad) and They said I am in a good position in the queue (Could not tell me the exact location OFC) and they are just waiting for 3080's to allocate one which is currently out of stock. But I should get it by the end of the month and if not they would let me know. I am currently on 95 working days so for anyone around that as well be assured that it is moving and should not be a long wait for us!

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
I suspect there will be several more cakes needed soon.
I'm on 88 days and not holding my breath for a magic intervention in the next 2-3 weeks.

Having said that it does seem that component sellers are starting to have more stock / smaller waiting lists. And whilst i know it won't answer all the questions, I do think it might be helpful for PCS to follow-up their Jan e-mail which mentioned March as a possibility for stock shortages easing with another update. If only to say we've had X deliveries, we still have Y outstanding orders, and it's now looking like June or something.
Yeah agree - would be a great help if they could give a current position. Especially as a few forum members have gone into build its the people who have never registered on the forum they are kind of like the iceberg the Titanic hit.