RTX 3080

Mario464

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210309-183440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-183440_Chrome.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 259
Speaking of updates, after a long hard wait, im proud to announce that my system has moved into testing. It has been a fun time in this forum with everyone and I will defo be posting pictures when it arrives and I set everything up. Stay strong! <3

1615342864719.png

BBroadhurst

And then... back to earth with a bump when you see that :(
The issue is now the AMD CPUs I believe if you look at the post that J0hnC made below
Just off the phone to PCS, my 3080 has been allocated and my build is waiting on the 5800x which is due in to them on the 19th. Think I should lay down that cake challenge early to @AgentCooper as it's a big number ;-)
I would assume these people on 94+ days have a 3080 assigned or at least will get one but the CPU will be the problem. Cant say for sure tho as its still unknown

Quagga

The issue is now the AMD CPUs I believe if you look at the post that J0hnC made below

I would assume these people on 94+ days have a 3080 assigned or at least will get one but the CPU will be the problem. Cant say for sure tho as its still unknown
I tend to agree with you but if you look at the Zen 3 thread, there's quite a few going into build there, waiting time <50 days, just not with 3080s.

It's people like me with the 5900 and 3080 ( 89 days & counting) who are in the complete opposite of a 'sweet spot' and I can understand that PCS as they get AMD CPUs in, prioritise builds they can complete i.e. non-3080s, and then the next week when they get 3080s , prioritise the Intel, AMD 3XXX builds.
Looking around elsewhere, it looks like component sellers are seeing early April for the post Chinese NY influx of AMD chips, so fingers crossed, the stars will align in the next few weeks.

I've got an additional problem in that i'm trying to emigrate, and not only need my computer before then, but it also needs to look used should Customs inspect. I thought when I ordered in early Nov, i'd have plenty of time, now i'm not so sure...

BBroadhurst

If PCS were prioritizing builds they can complete with a singular part (makes sense) I don't think they would have told J0hnC that he has a 3080 assigned. I would like to think PCS has assigned a 3080 to J0hn because of his wait time and as soon as they get the CPU in then it will go into the building. Would be a shame for everyone with both a 3080 and an AMD CPU if the 3080 that they have been waiting 100s days for goes to someone with a lot fewer days and then when the CPUs come in they will have to wait for the 3080. If they did it the way you mentioned It would seem like people with both pre-order components might never get it made which doesn't make sense.

Quagga

If PCS were prioritizing builds they can complete with a singular part (makes sense) I don't think they would have told J0hnC that he has a 3080 assigned. I would like to think PCS has assigned a 3080 to J0hn because of his wait time and as soon as they get the CPU in then it will go into the building. Would be a shame for everyone with both a 3080 and an AMD CPU if the 3080 that they have been waiting 100s days for goes to someone with a lot fewer days and then when the CPUs come in they will have to wait for the 3080. If they did it the way you mentioned It would seem like people with both pre-order components might never get it made which doesn't make sense.

Agreed, but equally if you've got a huge delivery of 5900s come in, and no idea when the next lot of 3080s are due, do you allocate the stock to the people waiting longest - which will be the 3080 customers, and have everyone waiting and no computers going out the door. Or do you actually build the ones you can, reduce the overall waiting list and keep everything moving

And i suspect the answer is different, if you know you have 3080s turning up tomorrow, versus possibly at some point in the next couple of weeks. Equally in this fictitious example you might use some of the 5900s to complete builds but hold some back for the people who've been waiting the longest.

It's a difficult balancing act and I don't envy PCS doing it, especially with all the disinformation around about when stocks will actually arrive. It also illustrates nicely, why the you are X in the queue doesn't mean that after X-1 computers have been built, it's your turn next.