RTX 3080

itsmarc

Well, I just cancelled my order - not that it get too many up a spot as I was only 25 working days in. However, I figured that it's looking like another 3-4 months of waiting and I'd imagine by then, components will have changed and things *might* have started to settle down in terms of pricing and availability. If it's still a mess by then, I may just abandon PC gaming altogether and get a non-gaming laptop for daily stuff, and a console for some gaming.

Good luck to everyone in the queue!

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Well, I just cancelled my order - not that it get too many up a spot as I was only 25 working days in. However, I figured that it's looking like another 3-4 months of waiting and I'd imagine by then, components will have changed and things *might* have started to settle down in terms of pricing and availability. If it's still a mess by then, I may just abandon PC gaming altogether and get a non-gaming laptop for daily stuff, and a console for some gaming.

Good luck to everyone in the queue!
I was contemplating this myself but if I am on pre-order for two to three months or I cancel and come back in two to three months, I'm still waiting either way.

Last edited:

deemac65

Last time I ordered from PCS was in September 2016 and in normal times I'd have placed a replacement order November last year, but I didn't. After viewing the industry mess and these forums I've decided to just wait. In fairness the 2016 machines spec has also held up really well (i7, 32Gb RAM, 1070GPU, SSD x2, 4Tb SATA etc. - my third PCS machine to date). Anyway, I'm keeping the cash and playing the long game until we get reasonable build times. IMHO 90+ working days is just insanity

BBroadhurst

I understand not ordering yet because of the Shortage of 3080s but if you are keeping the money for when it becomes less messed up you would still be waiting the same amount of time no? I understand you can use the money on other things but if that is not needed and the money is solely for a PC then why not order and then you don't have to worry about paying it at a later date etc? If something comes up then you can cancel the order but if you know you are going to spend X amount of a PC then its basically like putting the money in a separate account for when the PC comes :D

fenderman

@JohnC - sorry you're having to wait such a long time. You mentioned that the 5800x is due in on the 19th. I've a non-gaming build in pre-production with that CPU but it doesn't show as out of stock on the Configurator. I notice that the Fractal 7 case isn't showing as an option at the moment either which is a concern as I've spec'd that one too :(

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
Well I hit 102 days now - I don't know whether it's still just the gfx card or something else is now also out of stock
PCS told me the other day my 3080 orders are picked but waiting on a delivery of 5800x on the 19th. What CPU have you in your build?

fenderman

I've got an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x inb my spec- the longer I wait the less parts seem to be available. I think I'm paying the price for not being able to make my mind up sooner

J0hnC

Bronze Level Poster
I've got an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x inb my spec- the longer I wait the less parts seem to be available. I think I'm paying the price for not being able to make my mind up sooner
That feeling I know too well, all the toys to choose from and which road to take.

Weebl

Currently on (working) day 17...

I keep hoping my status will update but no, it is not to be, the big sad will keep me until my turn in the queue!!

To be fair im just excited to finally have a new PC, first real custom job since 2006!!

RobertCrentis146

saw someone on the Ryzen 3 tracking thread who said they got 5950x/ROG Strix 3090 in building in just 26 working days. Are we thinking the wait is shorted for the Strix's? even for 3080s?

Also, does anyone reckon there's any way to send PCS a GPU you've sourced yourself? I've got a liquid series build so I can't amend my order sans GPU 😅

Bobjones522

Bronze Level Poster
saw someone on the Ryzen 3 tracking thread who said they got 5950x/ROG Strix 3090 in building in just 26 working days. Are we thinking the wait is shorted for the Strix's? even for 3080s?

Also, does anyone reckon there's any way to send PCS a GPU you've sourced yourself? I've got a liquid series build so I can't amend my order sans GPU 😅
It was the 5900x, not 5950x :D

Edit: Last I heard the 3080 Strix was rarer than 3080.

Wrightway

Im at 29 working days haha happy to wait tbh though as my current set up is still working with a 980ti and an I7 so its not exactly on its way out. Hopefully ill get mine by July :/