RTX 3080

AndrewJohnson263

Good morning @AgentCooper - today is the big 100. ;)
100.jpg

Assassin

So, 55 working days in I should finally ask.

3080 GPUs. I understand people are mostly getting Palet and Zotac cards but does that actually matter? Comparing them to the Founders Edition. Are they on par?

I do not care which I’m getting as I’m coming from a GT640M GPU 🤣 just curious what is the difference between these cards and the founders edition card other than the looks and cooling.

Anecdotally outside of lack of power and overclocking Zotac cards have received a bit of a poor rep over the years because the build quality has been subpar in some cases: (e.g. see here:
)

They perform around 1%-2% "worse" than the rest for a lot of games, see this collation of TechPowerUp analysis here from somebody on Reddit:

ty15s5vg9qz51.jpg

However obviously by virtue of the 3080 it'll still be a very strong card, just, if I had to pick, I'd probably go for most of the other third party cards. You can look at the bang for buck on what's worth the money.

Last edited:
Anecdotally outside of lack of power and overclocking Zotac cards have received a bit of a poor rep over the years because the build quality has been subpar in some cases: (e.g. see here:
)

They perform around 1%-2% "worse" than the rest for a lot of games, see this collation of TechPowerUp analysis here from somebody on Reddit:

ty15s5vg9qz51.jpg

However obviously by virtue of the 3080 it'll still be a very strong card, just, if I had to pick, I'd probably go for most of the other third party cards. You can look at the bang for buck on what's worth the money.
That’s good info. Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I don’t have a choice in what card I will receive and already pushing my budget to even go for the performance cards like the STRIX but compared to my current GPU and even my Series X. I will not be complaining 😂

OllHol

Day 105 still preproduction. Anyone go into building please let me know! Want an idea of wait times now after seeing some lucky guy get building at 104 days. Cheers

Surreal

1623143945638.png

I know this is probably cheating as I changed to a 3080 Ti last week, but I've been checking this thread almost every day since I ordered with a standard 3080.

It's been a wild ride and it is a bit disappointing that I won't be getting the day 100 cake from @AgentCooper, but at least that's 1 less 3080 build in the queue for everyone else.

Once I receive the PC I'll be sure to send pictures.

Such a long time to wait for my cake haha

Side note
You guys are really out here deleting posts that are to do with 3080s but keep the cakes which aren't, nice one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210608_113324.jpg
    Screenshot_20210608_113324.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 160

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Such a long time to wait for my cake haha

Side note
You guys are really out here deleting posts that are to do with 3080s but keep the cakes which aren't, nice one
The cake is absolutely about the 3080, it’s a salute to the tenacity and patience these brave souls have shown in the wait for their RTX monsters.

rouchie

Rising Star
The cake is absolutely about the 3080, it’s a salute to the tenacity and patience these brave souls have shown in the wait for their RTX monsters.
I would happily forego my cake in order to get my hands on my 3080 set up prior to 100 days, but will be a very grateful recipent if i do (as is near certain) hit that milestone

The cake is about wait times for the 3080, my reply to Bento was to do with wait times for both 3080 and 3080ti but it got deleted, by that logic you need to delete every post about cake, or make a new topic as you guys seem to lose your minds when someone adds ti when referring to a 3080😂

MrWilson

Godlike
I don't see where people have lost their minds, to be honest the only person I see overreacting here is you.
The Strix 3080 and the 3080ti are separate products from the 'standard' 3080 model and will be allocated in separate queues. They also have separate tracking threads where the bulk of posts related to those cards should be redirected.
The mods have the power to edit or delete any of your posts as they see fit, this is what you agreed to as part of the forum rules. If you feel hard done by the mods you can escalate things to the forum admins.
I'm sorry that you don't like the cake. I genuinely hope that you receive your build before the 100 WD mark, but if not it is just a bit of fun, and a testament to those who have waited patiently for multiple months. As mentioned previously most, if not all people would rather have their new PC instead of a cake photo, but most people appreciate the cake as well.

Getting a little off topic. I am very glad to people going into build now, can't wait to see photos of your setups soon!

I don't see where people have lost their minds, to be honest the only person I see overreacting here is you.
The Strix 3080 and the 3080ti are separate products from the 'standard' 3080 model and will be allocated in separate queues. They also have separate tracking threads where the bulk of posts related to those cards should be redirected.
The mods have the power to edit or delete any of your posts as they see fit, this is what you agreed to as part of the forum rules. If you feel hard done by the mods you can escalate things to the forum admins.
I'm sorry that you don't like the cake. I genuinely hope that you receive your build before the 100 WD mark, but if not it is just a bit of fun, and a testament to those who have waited patiently for multiple months. As mentioned previously most, if not all people would rather have their new PC instead of a cake photo, but most people appreciate the cake as well.

Getting a little off topic. I am very glad to people going into build now, can't wait to see photos of your setups soon!
i dont see where i was overreacting? i replied to someone, that got deleted so i made a joke about the cake which to my happiness was a reply from JS-AgentCooper, ive only told him my reply deserves to be on this thread as much as his beloved cake pictures