RTX 3080

D3adRaptor

I'm kind of sad that I'll miss the 100 day cake by such a small margin but it's good news regarding waiting times. Thanks for the entertaining posts on the forum, made the wait pass a lot quicker.
Sub 100.jpg

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I suppose so. 5900x + 3080 builds have been going into building after the 100 day mark, at least from what I've seen on this thread
Yay.. looks like I won't have to wait till day 130 ish before mine gets built... when @rouchie gets his order into build I should be a day or so behind him 😁

I'm assuming the 3080 cards are LHR cards, not that I'm bothered about that.. I'm not interested in crypto mining given the cracks down in it recently..

Yay.. looks like I won't have to wait till day 130 ish before mine gets built... when @rouchie gets his order into build I should be a day or so behind him 😁

I'm assuming the 3080 cards are LHR cards, not that I'm bothered about that.. I'm not interested in crypto mining given the cracks down in it recently..
Yeah the 120-130 day builds were, I believe, the strix variants of the 3080. That's why they were taking so long. Well, my build's a standard 3080 with a 5900x currently on 95 days so hopefully just 2 more weeks for me

Some good news..."Cheaper RTX 3080s are coming, but you shouldn't buy one yet - here's why | TechRadar" https://www.techradar.com/news/cryp...x-cards-in-bulk-after-chinas-crypto-crackdown at least the pressure will ease on new cards....in theory. Any scrap of hope at this stage.
Heard about this. Prices are slowly going down but everyone should still wait for them to go back to MSRP. Buying GPUs at these current prices tells Nvidia and AMD that people are willing to pay higher prices for these cards which will lead to them setting much higher MSRPs for the next gen GPUs

With the (current) 100 day waiting list. Is no one worried 3080 GPU prices could be 25%+ cheaper by the time your system is ready to ship? Or will PCS adjust the quoted price down if savings are available?

I just did a fresh 3080 build and the quote came in a little over £2500. I had to double check I hadn’t omitted a component as my previous quote (from early May) was well over £2700.

I can’t pinpoint where the savings have come from. But thought it was noteworthy to mention.

stegor

Bright Spark
With the (current) 100 day waiting list. Is no one worried 3080 GPU prices could be 25%+ cheaper by the time your system is ready to ship? Or will PCS adjust the quoted price down if savings are available?

I just did a fresh 3080 build and the quote came in a little over £2500. I had to double check I hadn’t omitted a component as my previous quote (from early May) was well over £2700.

I can’t pinpoint where the savings have come from. But thought it was noteworthy to mention.
As far as I'm aware the purchase price is fixed. However, if you were to amend your order and remove the GPU then add it again, that might work. Not sure where you would be in the queue though!

As far as I'm aware the purchase price is fixed. However, if you were to amend your order and remove the GPU then add it again, that might work. Not sure where you would be in the queue though!
As I say. I’m not sure where the savings came from. So it was interesting to do an all fresh quote and see the difference.

A few weeks back the difference in 3080/3080TI prices seemed minimal. Today it’s a £500 quid difference!

SpeedyRoberto

Good point, have defo thought about that. I'm sure a lot of components have dropped in price since I originally ordered. I was willing to take that hit though. Interesting tactic suggested there too, swap components out and back in. 🤔 Also, PCS phone support is very helpful. Might be worth a call.
Another thought was, whether Windows 11 will be available... and whether I'd want to take a chance with it. Generally speaking, good to give new Windows a few months with the wider audience as driver issues/some compatibility bugs are unavoidable... in the past. By the sounds of things (from Linus TT), it's more like a patch on win 10 than a whole new OS. Who knows 🙄

Last edited: