RTX 3080

JayWilSmi

This is the error I got when I tried to make amendments to my build after 60 days or so...

The graphics card you have selected has a length of approximately 32cm and the case you have selected can only support graphics cards up to 28cm in length when configured with the Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler. Please select a different Cooler or alternatively choose a different case.

I've spoke directly with them about it and they said it should be fine. I did have to get them to put the changes through for me though as this error wouldn't let me do it myself. Hoping that it doesn't cause any issues and hold me up in any way when it finally gets to the building stage.

97 days and counting, shouldn't be too much longer hopefully.

JayWilSmi

WHOOP!!! JUST CAN’T WAIT THESE NEXT FEW DAYS WILL FEEL LONGER THAN THE WHOLE WAIT
You would think the Liquid Series ones would take longer with the amount of work involved in getting it perfect.

Fair play though! Glad to see someone not having to wait almost half a year to get their new rig. Hope the wait from the build to actually getting it isn't too long!

Need to send a pic in once it arrives!

Buzzard

I'm in that same queue of 5950x & 3080,

As far as i'm aware (and a cheeky call yesterday) - Im very close to the front of the queue (Single Digits) but not real timescales could be given

Currently on Working Day 102 now.

wonderful news! hopefully not much longer for yourself! I'm on day 83 currently, I still have dreams of getting sub 100 but also don't want to miss out on my cake haha

JayWilSmi

I think all the standard 3080 orders have automatically reverted to the LHR version
After speaking with one of the staff just there, they weren't sure of the cut off point from when they started to receive GPUs with LHR.

But going forward, they assume that all builds with higher end GPUs such as the 3080, will have LHR.

Suppose it makes sense going forward that that'll be the case. Just need to wait and see.

munaeem

Banned
well, mine didn't change. They did tell me way before that they are getting mixed versions. so there is no way to tell that if yours will be Lhr or not. but I think from now they have sorted it out. So you know you will get lhr or not. don't even matter tbf

JayWilSmi

well, mine didn't change. They did tell me way before that they are getting mixed versions. so there is no way to tell that if yours will be Lhr or not. but I think from now they have sorted it out. So you know you will get lhr or not. don't even matter tbf
When I look at my order, it doesn't state that the GPU is LHR, only what it was listed as when I made the order back in February.

But when I go to amend it, my GPU is obviously listed as the 3080 but it has LHR at the end of it since it's changed on site now.

Either way you're right though, it makes no difference to the performance of the card, so I'm not fussed which one I get.

scandy

Pre production day 94, I can almost smell my new PC............old gtx960 still hanging in there from the 1st PCS pc 7 years ago.

A quick update for those with similar builds looking at lead in times for the 3080.

Case LIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WiFi (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive 4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive 4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans 3x PCS ARGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Keep the updates & RTX photos & cakes coming! here is to hoping that its about 100 working days or just under still.

@AgentCooper Seems like your going to be busy baking cakes again soon!

Last edited:
20210709_114601.jpg

Today would've been my 100th day. I have a smaller monitor to left of this which will connect soon. Luckily everything went smooth. Both building and testing were done yesterday and delivery was done by 9 40 am today. I wish everyone the best of luck and hope that the waiting times keep on reducing. 😁

Edit: The 3080 card is from Palit

Last edited:

scandy

28 days here and i still keep hope :)
Hang in there! It goes pretty fast considering and you get the little pick me ups most days knowing your not alone on the forum, and humorous pictures, similar specs, etc. Besides I am pretty sure that the lead times are slowly getting better, or a lot of people have swapped to the Ti or 3070. (Still 5 months wait is a long time).

The picture of the computer running a few months back, still brings a smile.

I posted I’m on working day 27/28 but now I’m on 80. It does fly in. I’m now on the approach to land 🤩
2656E08F-E958-41F8-B1D0-C7417A145AEC.jpeg

Last edited: