RTX3060 Price Bump

elliotr19

Well, I was looking at chaning my order from a 2060 to a 3060 since the build times appear to be quicker. Looking the other day it would've been ~£50 increase, however looking today it's a £138 increase! Quite an increase and not an investment I can really afford now - guess I'll be waiting for my 2060 instead then.

Citrus_9

Expert
Well, I was looking at chaning my order from a 2060 to a 3060 since the build times appear to be quicker. Looking the other day it would've been ~£50 increase, however looking today it's a £138 increase! Quite an increase and not an investment I can really afford now - guess I'll be waiting for my 2060 instead then.
This is what we pay for short supply and high demand... I'm not sure if 2060 gets in stock as it's been discontinued by NVidia.

elliotr19

This is what we pay for short supply and high demand... I'm not sure if 2060 gets in stock as it's been discontinued by NVidia.
Yep, I just looked at the website and ETA for the 2060 is 9th April - so in a month. Not really what I was hoping for since PCS said they were getting some in stock last week. The guy on the phone even assured me my PC would be built last Friday or early this week but I guess not.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yep, I just looked at the website and ETA for the 2060 is 9th April - so in a month. Not really what I was hoping for since PCS said they were getting some in stock last week. The guy on the phone even assured me my PC would be built last Friday or early this week but I guess not.
That’s IF PCS are going to get any more 2060’s in. They went end of life ie stopped manufacturer last year and if you check worldwide stocks, there aren’t any anywhere.

my guess is they’re gone unless nvidia start to produce more.

elliotr19

That’s IF PCS are going to get any more 2060’s in. They went end of life ie stopped manufacturer last year and if you check worldwide stocks, there aren’t any anywhere.

my guess is they’re gone unless nvidia start to produce more.
Yeah and so I've read, but they did say they were getting more stock in last week. I'm just confused about everything and getting a bit frustrated now since they keep telling me different things. Maybe they mistaked it for the dual 2060s they have in stock (since they have some of those in stock according to the configurator)?

Citrus_9

Expert
Yeah and so I've read, but they did say they were getting more stock in last week. I'm just confused about everything and getting a bit frustrated now since they keep telling me different things. Maybe they mistaked it for the dual 2060s they have in stock (since they have some of those in stock according to the configurator)?
What about picking an Asus 2060? Slightly more expensive, but still in stock.

elliotr19

I'll keep an eye on the 3060 price. If it goes down to a reasonable level then I'll change it out, but not at its current pricing.

Citrus_9

Expert
I'll keep an eye on the 3060 price. If it goes down to a reasonable level then I'll change it out, but not at its current pricing.
3050 & 3050Ti should release some time this year, maybe even within 2 months... At first I was waiting for 3060, but when I saw a price, I'm now waiting for 3050Ti :)