RTX3080 or 6800xt

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all I’m currently on 19 days pre production I have a rtx3080 in my build was thinking of swapping it out for a 6800xt. I’m not bothered about ray tracing only going to be gaming at 1440p. Would this be a good move ?

What kind of games? the 3060ti is a better suited card to 1440p. 3070 if you wanted to go overkill especially without ray-tracing

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
Ok great thanks just hope the wait for the 6800xt ain’t as long as the rtx3080. I mostly will be playing warzone want high FPS at 1440P.

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
I was thinking of buying this monitor

LG CLASS ULTRAGEAR 27GL850-B​

Or if there is any other monitors you would recommend would really appreciate it.

Or if there is any other monitors you would recommend would really appreciate it.

You can get the Samsung G5 at the moment. Which is just as good as that one but will save you some money :)

If you didn't want to wait as long for one of the above GPU's the 3070 will smash out 1440p 144hrz especially without ray tracing.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster

I have that monitor and my 5900X with 6800XT is due to dispatch today / tomorrow. But it was a wait for the 6800XT. But I would agree with others saying that a drop to the 3070 will do well at 1440p. I think I was lucky at getting the 6800XT for the price it is as most graphics cards have gone up massively since I ordered. Some suppliers are posting the cheapest 6800XT at £800 with the average being closer to £880-£950. I don’t know what the current price PCS is doing for the 6800XT. But would recommend the drop to the 3070 for the chance of a quicker build.

tenor.gif

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
That looks like a nice looking card there. I have changed my orderer now to the 6800xt. I’ll let everyone no the progress on this if it helps.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
That looks like a nice looking card there. I have changed my orderer now to the 6800xt. I’ll let everyone no the progress on this if it helps.
I would recommend to give them a call to check on stock. Not sure how many they are getting in. But would imagine the back log is lower due to market share. AMD only has a 20% market share. I did see someone else post up recently that he changed his order on the 18/11/20 and has not been allocated a card yet. That could be down to an error or something else. But it won’t hurt to check. As the last think you would want is another long delay. Remember that those moving to the 3070 are posting up that they are getting notifications that theirs has gone into the build phase. But more accurate information is better than none.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Mine just got dispatched so will hopefully get it tomorrow. Will post up which 6800XT it is. And will post some screenshots.

charlieb90

Bronze Level Poster
That’s a great shout I’ll give them a call today. Great news you must be buzzing. what was the time frame on pre production to testing?

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
That’s a great shout I’ll give them a call today. Great news you must be buzzing. what was the time frame on pre production to testing?
Build time was around a 2 or so hours. And test time was around 14-18 hours before I an email saying that it was ready for dispatch. Which was around 21:00 last night and then the email saying it was dispatched around 15:00 ish.